Corsair Community

TWINX1024-3200XL dead

jrowedc

On power-up the center amber LEDs light up, then go dark, and my machine won't boot (monitor stays dark). This happened on the first boot attempt after I replaced my CPU fan. So I assumed something was wrong with the mobo or cpu (which I had accidentally jerked out). I got a new SLI mobo and video card, and a new cpu for good measure. The exact same thing happens, and it happens whether I have one or two sticks in.

(I previously posted this in the wrong forum.)

• Corsair Employees
Please try the modules one at a time and I would suggest trying them in slots 1-2-or 3 one at a time and see if the system will post. Or if possible please test the modules in a known working system. In addition these modules have a minimum suggested voltage of 2.75 Volts so please set the Dim Voltage to 2.8 Volts as well.

Please try the modules one at a time and I would suggest trying them in slots 1-2-or 3 one at a time and see if the system will post. Or if possible please test the modules in a known working system. In addition these modules have a minimum suggested voltage of 2.75 Volts so please set the Dim Voltage to 2.8 Volts as well.

I have tried each stick individually in every slot on both machines with the exact same result.

edit -- sorry, both motherboards

• Corsair Employees
Do you have a known working system you can test the modules in? As it would be really hard to get one let alone 2 totally dead modules from us as all of our XMS modules are tested on a MB at their rated speed before they leave our factory.

They've worked fine for 9 months. This started the other day after I changed the cpu fan. Of course I went back to the old fan, but it didn't help. As I said, the new mobo/cpu/video combination gives the same result. Is it possible that some other part of the system is causing this? What does it mean for the center led to light up for a few seconds, then go dark?

• Corsair Employees
I suspect that the MB Bios you have may not support the CPU you have installed is why it will not post, sure let's get them both replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

I suspect that the MB Bios you have may not support the CPU you have installed is why it will not post, sure let's get them both replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

If the MB didn't support the CPU, then it never would have worked, but it worked fine for 9 months. MSI K8N Neo Platinum is known to work with AMD Winchester 3500+.

Thanks for your help. I will follow your instructions.

• Corsair Employees

O.K. that was not clear on what you were testing with, not to mention, I would normally look at your configuration listed and make suggestions based on that.

I answer more than 500 posts a week so the clearer you make it the clearer answer you will get. Any way sorry for the confusion, let's try replacing your modules and go from there.

Archived