Corsair Community

Need RMA

zinzarin

TWINX1024-2700LLPT have failed.

Have run:

DocMemory 2.0 RAM Diagnostic Tool

GoldMemory v5.07 Memory Diagnostic Tests

Memtest PC Memory Test 2.00

All report failure (in thier own, individual way)

Plz issue RMA, or instruct as to what next step should be. Thanks!

• Corsair Employees

Please set these settings manually and then test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org.

CPU Freq: 166 MHz

System Performenace: User Define

Memory Frequency: 100%

Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts

Resulting Frequency: 166MHz

Memory Timings: Manual/User Define

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 2T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 5T

If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

I set these settings in the BIOS (aside: are these better than the "auto" settings that were in place? There are some differences in the 2-3-2-5 settings. Should I keep these after this issue is resolved, or go back to auto? Anyway, back to the point at hand...).

After running Memtest86+ v1.60, one of my TWINX modules displayed 139264(!) errors after one 100% pass through the 8 tests. All of the errors occurred in the 0000e380xxx range (227.0MB). Errors showed up in every test. The other module showed no errors through one 100% pass.

Per your note, I will file an RMA request through the website.

One question I have seen other users ask, but not found an answer for, regards the fact that this is a pair. Do you replace only the faulty module, or both? If you want both back, is there a way that I can keep the good module until the replacements arrive, so that I can keep my computer running in the meantime?

Thanks for your help!

Please set these settings manually and then test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org.

CPU Freq: 166 MHz

System Performenace: User Define

Memory Frequency: 100%

Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts

Resulting Frequency: 166MHz

Memory Timings: Manual/User Define

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 2T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 5T

If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Archived