Corsair Community

I'm not a computer nerd. Help!

flyers5182

I'm just not sure how to attach this damn thing to my computer. You can all laugh, but I have a Dell Optiplex GX300, and I don't know how to attach my upgraded RAM to this monster. I bought the...VS512MB400. It says it will work with all major motherboards. I figure Dell has a major motherboard. Somebody please help me by speaking in laymens terms and keep the jokes to a minimum. Thanks. :[pouts:

• Corsair Employees

I am sorry but I would not suggest using our Value Select with any OEM system. But you are welcome to try them first and see, but you would need to be running an 800FSB CPU or the system may not post with these modules. A major MB would be a retail boxed MB that you would have purchased at a Computer store, like ASUS, ABIT, DFI or MSI for example.

Please look up your system on our memory configurator and see if the reseller will help you get them or it exchanged.

I am sorry but I would not suggest using our Value Select with any OEM system. But you are welcome to try them first and see, but you would need to be running an 800FSB CPU or the system may not post with these modules. A major MB would be a retail boxed MB that you would have purchased at a Computer store, like ASUS, ABIT, DFI or MSI for example.

Please look up your system on our memory configurator and see if the reseller will help you get them or it exchanged.

I still don't know what you mean... I go into the memory config. and then it even gives me 10 different choices of the GX300... I just don't get it

Archived