Corsair Community

Temperature

raIDERcool

Just got the Hydrocool for Xmas. Absolutely love it! Corsair you rock: first with your memory (I'll never use any other) and now the hydrocool. Looking forward to the new vcard waterblock! My temps are as follows (on an overclocked Intel P4 3.0c OC @ 3.7ghz): NOTE: These are the actual CPU temps, NOT the Corsair water temp readings (which are of course lower). These readings were taken several hours after Hydrocool installation (and in a VERY warm room). Idle:26c Full Load: 34c (running Folding@Home or Prime95 cpu torture for several hours). This is one sweet cooling rig! It took me about an hour to set it up, but I'm slow and like to take my time (I also ripped off the original northbridge Asus heatsink and installed a new Swiftech MCX159-P northbridge hsf as well). My system specs are as follows (built the original rig back in May). Cpu: Intel 3.0c currently at 3.7ghz with Hydrocool 200 Mobo: Asus P4C800-Dlx RAM: 1GB Corsair (2x512mb PC3500 XMS) HDD: 2x120gb Seagate SATA (Raid 0) Video: Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro Sound: Soundblaster Audigy 2 w/Inspire 6600 6.1 Speakers Case: Chenming Alumimum w/5 fans, 2xneon tubes, side window, nexus fan controller, etc. - KaReD

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by raIDERcool [/i] [B]Hi I just got the hydro this X-mas. I was wondering whats normal temp for it. Mines at 54F and 12.0c? I was wonder if thats normal I use half of the green stuff and disstilled water like it said. My mobo is MSI K7N2 Delta-L CPU AMD 2100+ T-bread [/B][/QUOTE] 12c sounds awesome. What is your ambient room temp? My ambient temp is in the 60s F and I usually idle at about 19-21c with a 2.4c P4 at 1.575v and 250mhz. Mike.

• Corsair Employees
raIDERcool- If the LED readout on the front of the Hydrocool unit shows 12C and does not move from this point, the wires from the waterblock to the PCI card are more than likely not connected. That is the base temp that the Hydrocool will show when nothing is connected.

Cooler Guy is right. You must have hooked something up wrong. There's no way your hydrocool water temp is 12C, unless your in a very cold room! My Hydrocool water temps are ususally ~25.5c idle up to ~30C full load (actual cpu temps are ~27c Idle and ~35c full load). KaReD ___________________________________________________ CPU: P4 3.0c @ 3.6ghz (5:4 mem divider @1.65V) MEMORY: 2x512mb Corsair PC3500 XMS @ 2-2-2-5 (@1.75V) MOBO: Asus P4C800-Dlx HDD: 2x120GB Seagate 7200rpm SATA (Raid0) VIDEO: Sapphire Radeon 9800Pro w/Artic Cooler VGA Silencer SOUND: Audigy2 w/6.1 Speakers POWER: Vantec 520w Stealth COOLING: Hydrocool 200 (cpu), Swiftech MCX159 (northbridge)

Make sure all the air is out of the system. Make sure you have filled the system all the way with the coolant and water. Try rocking the unit back and forth to get the air out. It's most likely air going through the pump or something.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
[quote name='lou01d']i was thinking of watercooling sounds nice. do any one know if it can be put a amd 2800+? mobo is a ga-7vaxp.[/QUOTE] yes of corse it can be. the waterblock is smaller than a heatsink and its easier to install to. and i run hydroocol on a 3200 amd with temperatures betwen 32 and 38 C (CPU temperature showed in bios) :biggrin:

[quote name='Hahnson']yes of corse it can be. the waterblock is smaller than a heatsink and its easier to install to. and i run hydroocol on a 3200 amd with temperatures betwen 32 and 38 C (CPU temperature showed in bios) :biggrin:[/QUOTE] Very cool thank you :laughing: :biggrin:

Archived