Corsair Community

Mismatched RAM

waiownsyou

To whomever responds to this... please don't ask for my system specifications and/or lot number, RAM number, etc., as it doesn't matter and you're just wasting my time. I'm tired of the lack of support of Corsair.. and don't tell me to buy two sets of 1GB of RAM and etc. This IS the last time I'm using Corsair.

Well, since we can't ask questions that would waste your time, why would you

take the time to post on a forum that would take someone elses time to help.

Without asking anything: v4.1 and v5.1= different IC's

Basically, different RAM, can't be mixed.

Not Corsairs fault and not the resellers fault.

It's not your fault either, it's a very common oversite.

• Corsair Employees

First thing, I am sorry you are not happy, but we only officially support one set of Twinx modules in any MB. However some MB are more picky with memory than others so knowing more details about your configuration may help solve the problem with out an RMA.

Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set? And the make and model of your PSU would help as well, because 4 modules would require about 48 Watts of power just for the memory?

Rev 4.1 and Rev 5.1 modules are made with different IC's and they should be able to run together but not in dual channel with each other if your MB requires matched memory, that is one of the reasons we came out with Twinx sets of modules. We as a module manufacturer are at the mercy of IC makers as far as availability and price of the individual IC's and we will normally have more than one source for a popular module like this that is not uncommon.

• Corsair Employees
You are welcome to talk to our customer service and ask if they can help you with that, but this is not a warranty issue, especially if each set will run as advertised one set at a time. 888-222-4346 and dial "0" if you want to try and see if they can help replace all of them.

Found your original thread:

http://www.houseofhelp.com/v2/showthread.php?t=42952

FYI, I took the liberty of taking your system specs from that other thread and placing them in your profile.

As Ram Guy stated there, because you bought them off of eBay, as per their warranty, they don't have a warranty assuming they were bought through an end user. I did see your statement that the seller on eBay claimed they were an authorized retailer. If you can get proof of this from them, then maybe Corsair can help you out.

I also see from that other thread that you are overclocking your system. When you tested your memory, was it still overclocked? If so, it's HIGHLY ADVISABLE to set it to base settings with the standard timings, and then to test one stick at a time.

For reference, here are the correct timings for a single stick or a TwinX pack:

CAS Latency (tCL): 2.5

RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3

Row Precharge (tRP): 3

Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6

Memory Voltage: 2.75 Volts

All other settings to defaults.

As for not being able to get them on the phone, I'll take a guess and say that they were probably VERY busy, as they just moved buildings Friday (September 9th) and are probably swamped.

• Corsair Employees
Melissa is in Customer Service and who you would need to ask for help in getting these replaced. Please leave your name and number I am sure she will get back to you. In addition, it's lunch time here so she maybe at lunch.

• Corsair Employees
No thats not what I am saying, but if every one is on the phone it will go to someones Voice Mail, and if you would leave your number I'am sure they will get back to you ASAP. Or you can try and call again at 888-222-4346 and dial "0" that will take you right to customer service.

Archived