Corsair Community

I think I have a bad module

FLORFILLA15

Just as the title says...

I have acquiered two ddr CMX256A-3500C2 XMS 3502v1.1

I have tested it on my nF4 motherboard and one of them don't corresponding to the normal specs

One of the module is deficient

I have tested it on 2.70v at 217mhz and it makes me about 100 errors in only one the 2 first pass with memtest

The other one is good and works fine at the same :eek:

I think i have a bad module and i want to remplaced both of them for have good dual channel enabled

:laughing: SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH I'M FROM FRANCE :p:

http://www.corsairmemory.com/corsair/products/specs/cmx512-3500c2.pdf

CORRECT timings: 2-3-3-7

Try the correct timings, and re-test.

You have right i've just found that after many research http://www.techpowerup.com/memdb/memdetails.php?id=m60

im now testing it ;-)

seems to bee good but i dont understand why one of the module can pass 2-2-2-5 and not the other

I would try 2.8 Volts and test the modules one at a time. if you run both modules I would suggest Cass 2.5-3-3-7 at 2.8 Volts.

I have test the probably deficient module and it make me others errors i have take pictures of the single ram at 2.8V

and im now testing both in 2.5 at 2.8V

i can't run on dual channel at 2.8V on 2-3-3-7 ?

after 48 passes i do about 12 errors

I'm doing a test now for testing whith 2.5-3-3-7 at 2.8 Volts but i think normally ram is specified for run well on at 2.7V on 2-3-3-7 with or without dual channel

I will try :picts soon:

No XMS3500C2 would be rated with one module only, with 2 modules I would suggest Cas 2.5-3-3-7 at DDR400 to make sure its not some othe problem.

http://www.corsairmemory.com/main/products/specs/cmx256a-3500c2.pdf

recommanded timmings are 2-3-3-7 at 434mhz on single channel

and one of my pair memory cannot do that correctly or it is just ok with that and can do anything better

I think my modules can be change because the specs of one module is just the limit of it with 0.1v less it cannot run correctly :mad:

?????

They are rated up to, but not over, 2.9 volts.

i think you dont understand me i means if i set 2.6v only on the module it will not run correctly with 2.7v runs correctly but i think the ddr module has a problem because he just do th specs ans maybe dont run correctly at the normal voltage

i will test this night if it run wells at 2.7v ;):

That might suggest a power problem with your system, can you test the modules in another system?

I don't have a power supply problem

I'm just trying to explain you that 1module is capricious and dont work correctly all the time that is the reason why im trying to remplace it

• Corsair Employees

I have no problem replacing your modules but this statement, "I think my modules can be change because the specs of one module is just the limit of it with 0.1v less it cannot run correctly " would suggest a problem with the MB. In addition, you will need to submit all of your modules so they all match.

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

I have no problem replacing your modules but this statement, "I think my modules can be change because the specs of one module is just the limit of it with 0.1v less it cannot run correctly " would suggest a problem with the MB. In addition, you will need to submit all of your modules so they all match.

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Hello i have submit a form for rma ans no response from your service :[pouts:

Archived