Corsair Community

Problems with TWINX1024-3200C2PT

2krank

Hi,

one of the two RAMs seems broken. I get different read, write, CRC (and so on) errors. This does not occur if I only use the second RAM, but I get the same problems if I just use the first RAM. Thus, it is the RAM. No BIOS Problem or whatever.

I am just writing cause i need a number for the warranty...

The seller I got it from referred me directly to Corsair...

Thanks,

2krank

• Corsair Employee
Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

It's an XMS3202v4.2 , 0527062-1

I left all the BIOS settings at the default setting of my Asus A8N-SLI Premium.

My Chip is an Athlon 64 3500 Venice.

It worked so far, until the weekend. And it works perferctly if I use one of the RAMs but not the other or both of them...

• Corsair Employee

Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and then test the module/modules one at a time with www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Archived