Corsair Community

Cool-Cooler is so Cool

PeteB

Hi,

My original Cool has now been updated some what, i wish to know if i have reached the max performance????.

I now use the following parts (perhaps i suppose its not really a corsair cool anymore?) but if it wasnt for the Cool i wouldnt be at the stage i am now? anyway.

Pump swiftech mcp350 still (modded works fine STILL)

res dangerden 5 1/4 clear one

rad dual blackice extreme

cpu block standard one with the cool

N/B block dangerden a8n

GPU block dangerden maze 4 (low profile)

Temps are : CPU idle 35C load 43C amd64 3500+

GPU idle 30C load 40C x850xtpe

NB not sure and not bothered only using to reduce noise

Im extremeley impressed with the gpu, 25C temp drop is amazing and without increasing cpu temps hardly at all. (probably due to the dual rad.).

Any way with this in mind do you think i would be wasting my cash by purchasing the new swiftech STORM waterblock or is it worth the bother??

Maybe some of you boys and girls own one, ???

I also thought about the new d5 pump.

Anyway if anyone has some suggestions on how to improve it still, they would be most welcome.

Maybe a waterchiller. Dont think my psu would be to happy, but hey i can allways get a better one.

Best wishes

PeteB

PeteB

can't leave it alone...... :laughing: a modders curse

very well done system, with the storm mite see 1-2 drop in cpu

so save ur cash for a chiller project :biggrin:

Had to wait 6 weeks for my x850 to be repaired, maybe i should stop messing around with things eh? dont want to blow card up?

Running it without heatsinks on the ram at present. I hope this is ok????

should be able to get some bga ramsinks soon hopefully. Only using pc for short periods at the moment and not overclocking the ram at present.

I think the ramsinks maybe for eye candy, and only needed if you overclock..

Cant take the risk though, need to get some as soon as.

Thanks for the advise Kapt.

Yes seems a better idea to up the tubing to 1/2" and go the water chiller route.

The machines i use at work (drilling machines) are oil cooled and use about 80mm id tubing... May go for something super extreme like this eventually.

Wouldnt like a leak using this tubing, would probably drown.

Thanks

PeteB

OK, I have the Storm and D5 (APEX kit) on one of my systems (A64 OC'd) and mmy temps are 5 to 7c coooler than yours (temps are system dependant though), but I'm only cooling the CPU and GPU (also OC'd). With all the blocks that you have in your loop, even with the modded DDC, you would see better temps with the D5 pump. Another thing you might want to look at is the fans you're using on the BIX radiator. To get the most out of that radiator, you'll need to use stronger fans than what came on the Cool, due to the added thickness of the core. The BIX is a dual row 2 pass radiator and with a weaker fan the cooling air flow is ecpended on the first row and is almost ineffective on the second row. A push/pull setup would help out a lot with this radiator and also help drop your temps. If you're looking for a quiet system, the BIP II would have been a better choice and would offer better performance with lower speed fans.

OK, I have the Storm and D5 (APEX kit) on one of my systems (A64 OC'd) and mmy temps are 5 to 7c coooler than yours (temps are system dependant though), but I'm only cooling the CPU and GPU (also OC'd). With all the blocks that you have in your loop, even with the modded DDC, you would see better temps with the D5 pump. Another thing you might want to look at is the fans you're using on the BIX radiator. To get the most out of that radiator, you'll need to use stronger fans than what came on the Cool, due to the added thickness of the core. The BIX is a dual row 2 pass radiator and with a weaker fan the cooling air flow is ecpended on the first row and is almost ineffective on the second row. A push/pull setup would help out a lot with this radiator and also help drop your temps. If you're looking for a quiet system, the BIP II would have been a better choice and would offer better performance with lower speed fans.

Hi Bio-Hazard

5-7c cooler and i thought i was doing well.

You are obviously a little more experienced than me.

Yes i know i went for the wrong rad really. not sure if im after a quiet system or a higher performance.

Information taken on board.

Cheers

PeteB

Archived