Corsair Community

XMS 3205 V1.1 & MSI K8T Neo-FIS2R

Johhny Be Good

Hi all, I was wondering if somebody in here could help me with the following dilemma. I bought my XMS 3205 V1.1 CMX 512 3200 LL memory a year ago and payed through the nose for it. I was hoping to use this great memory ( I LOVE IT ) on a new system that I intend to buy based on the Athlon 64 3000 and an MSI K8T Neo-FIS2R mainboard. The compatibilityguide of Corsair says that I can use one stick on this board ( at least that is what I understand ) but I want to use both my 512 MB sticks. I am not hung up on this board so if it isn't possible I would like to know if any of you use other boards for the 64 with succes. I read a heap of reviews on the net and as far as I can understand both Asus K8V and this MSI board do well in most tests. But since Asus only supports one stick of doublesided memory this is a no go. Is there anyone out there who uses the MSI board with this emory and would like to help me , or is there anyone here with a Athlon 64 running with this memory on another board with succes ? Please let me know. Thanks for your time in advance , Johhny Be Good

• Corsair Employees
These might be a bit too aggressive for this MB/CPU. I would try and set the timings manually to Cass 2-3-3-6 and stagger the modules in slots 1 and 3 and see if that does not solve the problem. And since the memory controller is in the CPU with AMD64 I dont think it will matter.

Archived