Corsair Community

Memtest86+ reports wrong timings - why?

questrisyn

My system started locking up, so I ran the Memtest86+ and while there appear to be no errors (only a few passes, I'll let it run overnight this eve) it does report timings of 3-3-3-8 instead of the 2-3-3-6 that my part should have. Does this itself indicate a problem?

2 X Corsair CMX512-3200 C2

Depends if it's reading the SPD timings, or the actual timings. Either way it's not indicative of an error.

Just go into your BIOS and make sure they're set correctly:

CAS Latency (tCL): 2

RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3

Row Precharge (tRP): 3

Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6

Memory Voltage: 2.75 Volts

All other settings to defaults.

Depends if it's reading the SPD timings, or the actual timings. Either way it's not indicative of an error.

Just go into your BIOS and make sure they're set correctly:

CAS Latency (tCL): 2

RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3

Row Precharge (tRP): 3

Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6

Memory Voltage: 2.75 Volts

All other settings to defaults.

Thanks for the reply. I had done this originally but I guess that the BIOS got reset at some point. Now the timings read correctly during a test. I've run the tests for 36 iterations and still no errors.

So would this reasonably rule out my memory as being the cause of my system freezes? I'm thinking that it might be a agp/fsb issue. Any ideas?

A 380 Watt PSU might not be enough for your configuration, and what do you have the AGP Appature Size set to? I would try 128 meg. You can test the modules in another system to be sure.

I hadn't had any trouble for about 8 months, so I think that the PS should be okay. The AGP app is set to 256. I'll be building another rig in a few weeks, so I'll just swap stuff out until I figure out the source.

Thanks for the reply!

Archived