Corsair Community

Possible Bad Memory Module - TwinX1024 3200XL XMS

CJOLY

Hello.

Lately I started having problems with my systems.

After reinstalling Windows,(restoring a good Image actually) and running Prime95 for several hours with no problem I went on to memtest86 v3.2.

After a couple of tests, it appears that one of my module seems faulty as it pops errors consistently around the same memory adresses. The other module as no error whatsoever. I also tested the system using a new pair of 3200XL v1.2 that I bought for a new system I'm building and had no errors. This should rule out any subsystem problems.

Am I missing anything? What's the next step to get them replace if necessary. (I live in France.)

Thanks for the any help in advance,

Cheers,

Cedric

Well they are both set to auto/spd...

No overclocking at all.

The timings are 2/2/2/5 @ stock speed, as per specs (and per SPD) and have been working fine for over 6 month.

The new pair of XMS were set the same for the tests...

:sigh!:

• Corsair Employees

These modules have a minimum suggested voltage of 2.75 volts so please set the voltage to 2.8 Volts and then test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and with this platform you would need to run the memory in sync with your CPU. Please try these settings and test them one up.

CPU Freq: 166 MHz

Memory Frequency: 100%

System Performance: User Define

Dim Voltage to 2.8 Volts

Resulting Frequency: 166MHz

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 2T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

Okay I tested the faulty module with the following settings 2/3/3/6 @ 166Mhz, 2.8v, and I get the same errors at the same adresses. :(:

The other modules don't have any errors no matter what the settings are.

And neither does the new pair.

I'm using memtest v3.2 and the errors (100 and some) show up during test #6 if that's any help. :sigh!:

Is there anything else I should try?

And if I do need to get them replace, is it a problem to send them direct to you guys, I mean I won't have to pay customs on the replacement pair, will I ?? :confused:

Thanks for all the help! :)

Archived