Corsair Community

system error auto reboot

yoyomanben

Purchased and installed a MSI K8N Neo-2 platinum along with an Athlon 64 3000+ socket 939. Already had (TWINX1024-3200C2PT)x2 to install. Everything installed correctly. Memtest passes with zero errors. The system will boot up normally until it gets to the Windows loading screen. A blue screen flashes for a split second and PC reboots. Have tried multiple combinations of memory in different DIMM modules.

The mobo auto detects the optimal memory settings and voltage. It has detected a latency of 3-3-3-7 at 2T since 1T didnt work, and since I have all 4 DIMMs full it runs at DDR333. I tried manually setting it to 2.5-3-3-6, which ended with the same resulting blue screen of death during windows boot/load screen. Also running BIOS v1.9. Any and all suggestions/help are greatly appreciated.

Ben

1. It's a Venice Core

2. All 4 sticks are exactly the same.

3. I found out the problem. My previous mobo/cpu was an Intel p4. When I installed my new mobo/cpu it was AMD, and I used the same HDD hoping I wouldn't have to reformat and lose everything I had on there. I borrowed someone's old HDD and tried to do a fresh start and it worked fine.

My question is...is there any way I can maybe log into the HDD with safe mode and delete whatever it is that thinks I'm trying to boot up my PC with an Intel board so it will recognize the AMD board?

Also, what are the optimized CAS settings and voltage for running all 4 sticks, and would I have better performance running all 2 Gigs at 333MHz or should I drop it down to 1 Gig and run it at 400MHz?

My question is...is there any way I can maybe log into the HDD with safe mode and delete whatever it is that thinks I'm trying to boot up my PC with an Intel board so it will recognize the AMD board?
Well to be safe a format is the best way to do it. You could slap it back in the old PC, go into safe mode, go into device manager, remove EVERYTHING, then throw it back in the new PC. May work, may not.

Also, what are the optimized CAS settings and voltage for running all 4 sticks, and would I have better performance running all 2 Gigs at 333MHz or should I drop it down to 1 Gig and run it at 400MHz?
2 GB @ 333 vs 1 GB @ 400 depends on what you're using your PC for.

As Wired said, it depends on how you like to run your rig. Even when I was running 2 gigs of mismatched ram at 266mghz it was worth it. Basically it comes down to how many background and foreground programs you have running at the same time. Just booting up my system uses 525 megs of ram; peak usage is 1.6 gigs. I've always hated having to shut programs down to run something else. With 2 gigs of Corsair I never have to shut anything down ever and waiting for hard drive swapping is virtually nonexistent. I don't have World of Warcraft but Doom3 and Far Cry in ultra settings run smooth as silk with the 50 plus other processes running behind them. If you don't have a ton of programs running in the background 2 gigs might be overkill. Good Luck.

Archived