Corsair Community

Mislabeled TWINX1024-3200LLPT

Lerxst2k

There seems to be an issue with some Corsair RAM I recently ordered. I believe it to be mislabeled as it does not meet the specifications stated on your website.

What I ordered was the Corsair TWINX1024-3200LLPT 1GB DDR400 XMS3200 Dual-Channel Memory. I bought this to match my current memory pair which is the same exact model so I would have a total of 2GB. When I installed the memory I noticed some issues. Firstly I noticed that my computer reported that the RAM, with both pairs installed, was running well below its specified speed at a very slow 266Mhz.

To troubleshoot I removed my current pair and installed the new pair alone. My computer reported during POST that the new memory was now running at the proper speed (400Mhz) but that the timings were not nearly as fast as what is specified on your website. I then went into my motherboard’s BIOS (ASUS P4c800-E Deluxe) to duplicate the more aggressive timings found on the website for the 3200LL and rebooted. My computer promptly crashed.

I downloaded a diagnostic program called CPU-Z from http://www.cpuid.com that reads the memory’s SPD chip and found some interesting results. It reported that the RAM I had installed was not the 3200LL, but instead another model called 3200C2.

The timings reported by CPU-Z are not as aggressive (3-3-3-8) as they should be for the 3200LL which should be 2-3-2-6. Attached is a screenshot of the suspect RAM modules from CPU-Z. I then removed the new pair and reinstalled my original pair and observed the proper timings and speed for the 3200LL.

I wish to return this mislabeled RAM and exchange it for what I ordered. I have tried to resolve this with the manufacturer but have not received any response to my calls and emails in over two weeks.

Thank you,

Pete

Screenshot.JPG.20e834f2993b8fc770080a009566c515.JPG

Thank you for your help and quick replies. I followed your link and have begun the RMA process.

For further reference and for others that may read this thread the lot number on my package is LOT# 0437093-5.

The revision number is v3.1.

Thanks again!

My modules (CMX512-3200C2PT) also show the same CPU-Z output.

Perhaps CPU-Z is mistakened. My BIOS still reveals the correct information. I have determined the BIOS is correct, as the tRAS settings and all match the manufactuer's specifications. Maybe you should check BIOS settings and not depend on third-party programs like CPU-Z.

Therein lies the problem. I did not order CMX512-3200C2PT. I ordered CMX512-3200LLPT. If you read the first post you will see the problem I ran into and the steps I took to resolve it. Any statistics I got from the SPD using CPU-Z were verified in my machines BIOS. They did not match what was on the RAM modules label and on the Corsair website.

Archived