Corsair Community

Potential Bad VS1GBKIT400

Casca

It appears that I may have a bad VS1GBKIT400 memory kit and would like some assistance/guidance in resolving my problem.

System Info:

MB: Abit NF7-S v2.0 (BIOS v27)

Memory Timings: 2.5-3-3-7 (set by SPD)

CPU: AMD XP2500+

The above system has been working flawlessly for approximately 9 months until the last week I have had nothing but problems.

System became unstable and errors were being reported on hard drive at random times. Replaced hard drive and attempted to reload XP and have not been able to complete a install since. After I cleared CMOS on system and enabled thorough post test, system sporadically reports a memory failure.

I created a memtest boot disk and tested the modules one at a time. One module passed with no errors and the second started reporting errors almost immediately. I stopped running tests after 597 errors were reported and it had not completed 50% of the testing on the first pass.

If you need any more information, please let me know.

Can you tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

CPU Operating Speed - 2500+

External Clock - 166 Mhz*

Multiplier Factor - x11.0*

*Auto Selected

CPU FSB/DRAM Ratio - Auto

CPU Interface - Disabled

CPU Core Voltage 1.65v*

DDR SDRAM Voltage 2.6v*

Chipset Voltage 1.6v*

AGP Voltage 1.5v*

*Auto Selected

Memory Timigs - Optimal

Row Active Delay - 7*

RAS to CAS -3*

Row Pre Charge - 3*

CAS Latency - 2.5*

*Auto selected

This was the default setting the system selected for the RAM and CPU after I had cleard the CMOS prior to running the Memtest.

Archived