Corsair Community

Bad ValueSelect module

gwhunt23

I believe I have a bad 512mb ValueSelect PC3200 module. I originally bought this in a kit of 2x 512mb just a week ago. Upon assembling my system, with a Chaintech VNF4 motherboard, I put the 2 modules in DIMM slots 1 and 3 as the motherboard manual specifies for DDR400 modules.

Windows XP installation spits out many STOP errors related to RAM issues. I then removed the DIMM3 module and Windows XP installed flawlessly. If I swap the suspected bad stick with the known good stick, Windows reports the same errors.

In the BIOS, everything is set by SPD and the voltages are standard at 2.5v.

• Corsair Employees
Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS2700C2 Cass 2-3-3-6 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Archived