Corsair Community

Bad Module

JBolt

I've been using the TWINX Modules for over a year. (Never ran at 400 only 333) Then all of a sudden my PC starts doing random reboots. I thihk virus every time I scan I get a reboot. So I try and reinstall XP Clean (Still Thinking Virus) Can't install XP. So I remove 1 module. Still can't install XP (All of these installs I'm getting the blue screen of death) I put the other module in and Bam can install XP no Problem. I then tried different configs and BIOS settings to get the second chip to work. Even tried the chips in my second system which runs a different Mobo (Asus A7V880) Wouldn't even boot into windows on that system. Just constant reboots. Again on that system when I took out the bad module it booted right up.

Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe. TWINX 1GB (2-CMX512-3200PT) Ran in Dual Channel Mode. AMD 3200+ XP

I just saw your utility memtest86+ I downloaded it and executed it by doing a reboot on the system. With the good 512 module absolutely no problems 100% pass. When I tried to test the other module I let it go for about an hour. 1,343,488 Errors. Tried both modules together and got the same result.

• Corsair Employees
Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and then test the module/modules one at a time with www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Archived