Corsair Community

Ideas on better cooling...

benwetherbee

I just got back in from buying some frozen biscuits from a local supermarket. I pulled a coke out of the freezer (I put it in there an hour prior) and sat down at the computer to play a few games when it hit me... just as I took a swig of my slushy-like coke... an idea came to mind: You know how you drop a few ice cubes into your cup and shake or stir it up, the cup gets colder, faster. What if, someone made a waterblock with an object that stirred the water up inside. I could be completely wrong, but I figure it could hurt. My idea might be complete non-sense, but if you think you can do better, then do your worst.

Agitating the water seems like it might be a good idea. But, I'm guessing that the pump itself agitates the water enough that it loses heat faster than standing water. Also, depending on the ambient temps, I'm guessing that you lose heat as the water moves thru the tubing. Now, if you put the Hydrocool into a refrigerator, that might be pretty neat. You could get one of those cheap small refrigerators and put the Hydrocool into it. Or, if you live in Minnesota like Ozzie over at [url]www.asusforums.org[/url] , you could put your coolant tanks outside. Ozzie is a bit extreme though :D: , in a good way of course. Mike.

Simular things have been done in water cooling, one is a bong where water is cooled by shower heading it down into a 4" pvc pipe and at a y connection you have a 120 mm fan blowing cool room air into the aperatus thus cooling all the individual drops from the shower head on the way down the pipe with the liguid being returned to a res at the bottom of the bong then pumped back into your block, then the cycle starts over again. Basically the bong replaces your radiator. Another method is water can also be chilled by a chiller or say from a coil of tubbing being placed in a fridge or freezer then pumped back through your block but then you have to worry about condensation ie: your tubbing driping water from the temp differiences between your chilled water inside your lines and the warm air contained inside your puter and around the block area. All tubing and block would have to be insulated in order to stop this, not an easy task though has been done.

Archived