Corsair Community

near instant Prime95 failure

handaar

Ok... everyone seems to use Prime95 as the benchmark of their system being stable so I thought I would try it. I have it fail within roughly 30 seconds or so of launch with a hardware error. Recently I have just started with OC testing with my new system and it SEEMS to be stable in everything else. Here is my system spec: RaidMax Scorpio 868 Black Mid Tower Window Case 420w PS MSI|865PE Neo2 -FIS2R (bios 1.9) Intel P4 3.2 @ 3.600 (225fsb x 16) 800FSB HT Corsair TWINX1024-3700 (512x2) Leadtek nVidia 5900 256mb DVD+/-RW PLEXTOR|PX-708A/SW-BL R SOUND BLASTER|AUDIGY 2 ZS HD 80GB|HITC SATA 8MB 13G0252 The other thing I noticed was that the memory settings in BIOS was 'by spd', and auto'd to 3,4,4,7 which I corrected manually to 3,4,4,8. Don't know if that makes any differance. Lastly, I haven't increased my v-core beyond the default of 1.5 as it doesnt seem needed at this point. I have run the system for 3 days at the 3.6mhz level, and seems to run stable, 3D03 increased from 4750 to 6423 and I have started to fiddle with Rivatuner there. This Prime95 failure though kinda worries me.

Excellent, thank you. I will increase that as soon as I can get to the system and test further. Thanks! Edit: I am sorry... I am remembering better now what I saw. Prime95 failed with a rounding error, not a hardware error. It will run for about 30 seconds and then will fail with a message about how there was a rounding error, something about being greater than .5 or .4 Sorry... It was late last night and the coffee is just kicking in.:brick:

Archived