Corsair Community

It worked yesterday

HydroFool

I've been runnig my Hydrocool for a couple of months now and today it seems to have failed me. The light doesn't light, the pump doesn't pump, and the front panel LED shows a temp that increases over time (as my CPU heats up!!!). I then found the biggest problem of all.. I tried to call Tech support. Got a message machine, gave me the biz hours and said leave a message and they'd call me back :mad: Well, its been 5 hours and no callback. So much for tech support. Is there a fuse somewhere on this beast that I might be able to replace? Feeling like I bought a Hydro-Fool....

• Corsair Employees
If the front panel electronics continue to work (LED's for temp) as well as the fan, I would suggest checking the connections of your 4-pin molex connector inside the case (PCI card) as well as the control cable running from the PCI card to the Hydrocool unit itself. If these items are secure the only other connection would be inside the unit itself. Removing the cover (remove the four screws, bend cover bottom away from unit, lift off) will allow you to view the connections to the PCB board at the front of the unit. The light and pump are on the same wires. You can trace these back to the board, if they are plugged all the way in, the only step left would be for us to replace the unit. Please let me know. Thanks!

I'm checking the conenctions now; they appear to look fine. Can I power the pump directly by splicing into the wires and running wires from the power-supply? I really don't want to send this away since I need the machine it is powering and don't want to be without it for an extended period of time.

• Corsair Employees
I would not be able to suggest anything that would void the warranty of the unit. If the connections for the unit are intact with the pump and light not responding, it would suggest the PCB board in the unit has a part failed. Please send us an email with a copy of the [URL=http://www.corsairmemory.com/main/rma_request.xls]FORM[/URL] or you can send all of your info(full name, shipping address, phone # with area code, the module part #, quantity to be replaced, and a copy of the link to this post). Email it to [email]rma@corsairmemory.com[/email]. If after 1 day or 24 hours excluding weekends you do not get the rma please email the same to [email]warranty@corsairmemory.com[/email] and we will help to resolve it. Thank You!

OK, I did filled out the form and e'mailed it away. I also added a request that Corsair send a unit and that I return the bad unit in that box. I'll provide a credit card number if required. Doing it this way reduces the time I'm without a computer and provides a proper box for shipping the broken unit. No, I don't keep old boxes.

• 2 weeks later...
Well, it is time to update the saga of the cooler that no longer works. I reived the RMA number too late to ship it out on the 23rd. So I shipped it on the 24th. Of course, nothing was shipping on the 24th so it went out on the 26th. The trackign number 1z8524e21273376645 (UPS) indicates that it arrived and was signed for on the 29th. Yet on the 31st, when I sent an e'mail asking about the unit I was asked for the tracking number and not the RMA # and was told that the unit hadn't arrived. I responded with the tracking number and RMA # and have since sent several e'mails including one today that have gone unanswered. My compuer has become little more than a paperweight. I didn't want to rip out all of the plumbing and go back to fan cooling becasue I had hoped this process would be quick and painless; I'm now having second thoughts. :(: Is there any way you can update me on the status of my repair? It was suggested that a new unit would be shipped as soon as my broken unit arrived. Can you confirm that that has happened?

Latest update... I just received an email that states that my unit was received and that a replacement unit is being sent out today. :): I should receive it in the next few days. In future, you may want to include the shipper and tracking number with such emails to facilitate tracking. -- HydroFool

Last Update. I received the unit yesterday afternoon. Installed it and am back up and running. There are some interesting changes that make me wonder if I didn't have a prototype unit. The bottle of green goo (antifreeze) is labeld way differently, as is the front panel of the cooler. Also, there is a different fan that has more airflow as well as air filters. As noted elsewhere, the little rubber pumb mount thing is gone. Finally, the wires are all wrapped and much neater. The changes I wish that was in there that wasn't was a blacking out of the light so that it only showed through the flow indicator. Also, having a "softplug" where I could slice in a set of UV lghts would make it easier to mod the unit in the future, the smoked glass lit properly should look great and even more so if there is UV die in the coolant. :):

Archived