Corsair Community

TwinX 512 3200LL, A7N8X Del., & 2500+: Bios and OC question

jorwex

Hey everyone, I bought a 2500+ and this ram with the intention of pushing them to 3200+ speeds. I've done so in the past, but only for a few boots...then I bumped it back down. This wasn't cuz of a problem, its just I didn't need the speeds. I thought I would, cuz w/ my last system (an HP :( ) i had problems capturing & doing video stuff, but i had 768 mb of ram...it was SDram...but still.... so i went all out, this new pc being the first one i've built. Yesterday I decided to keep the 3200+ speeds, and just for the hell of it, i got the latest a7n8x deluxe bios, 1007, cuz i was still at 1005 (stock). ive been reading around the forums and found that people are having probs w/ 1007...so i was wondering if you think its wise to revert back to 2500+, or even back to 1005 or 1004, tho some of the probs ive been reading about are about not having the ram and fsb in synch (with the 2500+ itd be 333 and ddr400). just for the hell of it, i might try pushing the ram more, cuz ive never tried doing so...cuz i spent 160 friggin bucks...and i just wanna try it :) WOW..sorry for that long ass post

Try it, if you dont have problems keep 1007. For pushing the ram, as long as you keep it insync with the FSB its ok, ram a 333mhz sync with cpu is faster than 333cpu/400 ram (FOR EXAMPLE). Try lowering the timings as much as you can and test in memtest86. With your 3200LL I would start with 400mhz @ 2-2-2-11 ( I found that 11 is a tiny bit faster on NF2 then lower so try it). If it gives errors try bumping the ram vopltage up one notch. Every system is different, try and you will find what works best for you.

• Corsair Employees
The modules are warranted for up to 2.8 volts but I've got lot's higher on several occasions. The real risk isn't that you'll burn them up immediately but that you will burn them up over extended periods of opperation...

If you encounter problems with bios1007, 1006 is pretty stable. I would run the RAM at 2-3-2-6 with a dimm voltage of 2.7. I would keep the CPU freq. at 200mhz and just play around wiht the multiplier. This way the CPU and RAM are both running at 400mhz. You'd just be increasing the clock speed.

when you say 2-3-2-6 which values are those? the ones in the bios arent in that order i dont think like, might you be so kind as to say which is the ras to cas blah blah (i forget what they're called cept cas latency :o: ) thanks!

TWINX1024-3200LL Data Sheet TWINX512-3200LL Data Sheet Motherboard make and model: Asus A7N8X and/or Asus P4C800/-E and/or Abit IC7. Each pair is tested together using SPD values with default settings resulting in: DRAM Clock: 200 MHz SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 2T SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T SDRAM Bank Interleave: 4 Bank All other settings are motherboard defaults.

Archived