Corsair Community

512Mb TwinXLL & P4P800 = Cas 2.5??

I built a new system based around a P4 2.6C, and Corsair RAM. I have a P4P800 Deluxe board by Asus, with some DualChannel TwinX Corsair RAM. They are the PC3200C2LL modules (Low Latency) and when let the board get the RAM settings by SPD it sets them to Cas 2.5. CAS# Latency : 2.5 RAS# to CAS# Delay: 3 RAS# Precharge : 2 Cycle Time (TRAS) : 6 to be exact. I was disapointed when i set the 'Performance Mode' to turbo and discovered the PC would not boot (since im told this feature is the biggest performance booster). I thought having good quality RAM would let me use this feature. Anyone care to shed some light on this? What should the voltages be set too so i can try the timings manually? Thanks

• Corsair Employees
I would not suggest using any performance setting as this will often times run the memory out of spec and most likely why the system is unstable. You would get better performance by setting the timings manually and I would suggest Cass 2-3-2-6 and set the Dim Voltage to 2.75 Volts and Disable USB Legacy support and then test with [url]www.memtest86.com.[/url]

• 2 weeks later...
RamGuy, I did what u suggeted. I have been getting some PAGE_FAULTS_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, BSOD's recentley. Not frequent, just now and again... I ran memtest and it failed, and this was with the mainboard doing the timings and voltage AUTO!. I set the timings manually, and upped the DIMM voltage manually to 2.75v... No effect, still gave me errors. I set the voltage to 2.75v and set the CAS# to 2.5 and i still got errors. Finally i set the voltage to 2.85v and the timings manually to Cas#2.0 and so far it seemed to pass. How long would you recommend running Memtest86 so i can be sure my RAM is ok? Also will using 2.85v void my lifetime warrenty?? I have no idea why it wont work @ 2.75v or if the board undervolts the mem or not.

• Corsair Employees
Specmike is correct! Please make sure that Rass to Cass is set to "3" and if you still get errors please submit the RMA by following the link in my signature and we will be happy to replace the modules for you.

Archived