Corsair Community

TwinX4000 and ABIT IC7-G

Duke2K3

I'm a bit (no pun intended) confused. I have an ABIT IC7-G, BIOS1.9, 3.0 P4 and (2X512) TWINX-4000 (Upgraded from 2X512 PC3500-C2PT). When I was running with PC3500 I was able to obtain 220mhz @ 1.65V CPU & 2.8V DDRAM, stable. Now with the XMS4000 I can only go to 228mhz, stable (used to be 230mhz but after a few days it would crash upon boot so I backed it down.) Is this because of the 3.0P4 being maxed out? Would I be better off with a 2.6 P4 and OC'g it to 250? I would probably need water cooling then also right? My current temps are 29 system, 42 CPU idle. Tried upping CPU to 1.675 but it was not stable.

I have exactly the same problem, doesn't matter if I set 'auto' settings or manual. All I can get outta this box is 221fsb @ 1.60v. Temp shows 53c under 'game' load w/Zalman 7000cu. Sometimes I'll be playing along and *snap* reboot time. I've pretty much given up till I RMA the board in couple weeks :damnit:

• Corsair Employees
Honestly I don’t think it’s your MB or Memory. 2.8 GHz CPU/s and above do not over clock as well as 2.4 or 2.6C. I think if you go to over clockers.com they have a database of What CPU's over clock that might help you.

[QUOTE]Honestly I don’t think it’s your MB or Memory. 2.8 GHz CPU/s and above do not over clock as well as 2.4 or 2.6C. I think if you go to over clockers.com they have a database of What CPU's over clock that might help you.[/QUOTE] The P4C from my experience tops out just under 3.5GHz on stock voltage settings. I've heard many getting to 3.7~3.8 with voltage mods. The 875 chipset has a hard time running 1:1 above 220 in most cases. Now running in 5:4 or 3:2 depends on the CPU and the brand of memory and the motherboard/BIOS.

Ram Guy, I think you missed something. He was speaking of running with "Stock Voltages". You cranked up the clock to 260 without upping any voltages??? I'm only going up to 1.65v on the CPU because I do not have water cooling, so I havent dared going to 1.7 without water. I may try it with a 2.6ghz P4 (if their cheaper now) just in case I toast it. If I could get the PC to boot into windows with the CPU @ 1.7 volts and no water (temporary) then I may add water to stay at the higher freq's.

Archived