Corsair Community

Corsair PC4000PRO - 8KNXP?

Evanesco

Hi! I post this message in here as well.. I finally decided buying new memory for my Gigabyte 8KNXP rev. 1.01 with BIOS F8, P4C 2.6GHz. I was thinking about buying Corsairs' 2 * 512MB PC4000Pro ( the one with activity LEDS ). Does anyone know if this is a good mix.. On the Datasheet for this ram on Corsairs website, it should be "200%" tested on Intel Canterwood chipsets ( 875P ), so I really don't see why 8KNXP shouldn't be able to run this ram without any probs at all. ( [B]RAMGUY[/B]: [COLOR=red]Have you tried testing this mobo with the lastest F8 bios?? Please try it! Fixes included in this bios update contains some PAT issues.. meaning memory fixes, right? Hey, and try to OC with Top Performance enabled ( PAT ) and without. thanx )[/COLOR] I now have 2*256 PC3500 HyperX from Kingston, and I can't OC more than 5MHz when PAT is enabled. Without PAT, I can OC up to 217MHz, if I want to go beyound 217, I'm forced to use the 1.33 divider.. with 1.66 divider can max OC to around 230MHz. I appreciate any help and advice Thanx

• Corsair Employees
Honestly I have not tried the latest bios as of yet, but I will do it ASAP. But I would suggest that you do a search for this model and you will find many posts about this MB and a few from me and what I have found. But I have not been able to overclock this model more than 5 Mhz with any module I have tested.

Thanx for the reply! Let me know when you have tried the F8 bios. I have read most of the post about this mobo and Corsair memory here on this forum. But no one with the F8 bios. When you try to OC 8KNXP with F8 bios, please make sure that Top Performance ( PAT ) is disabled ( go through Ctrl+F1 in bios ). I'm sure you then can go much much further than the 5MHz you describe. The poor 5MHz you talk about really sounds like that you mistakenly enabled Top Performance while trying to OC. The way I see it, PAT can only be fully enabled and used rock stable when the FSB is set to 200MHz straight. Anything over 200MHz no memory and motherboards in the world runs stable with PAT enabled. I don't know 8KNXP does this ( I don't think it does ), but Asus' P4C800 disables PAT automatically when FSB is set higher than 200MHz. Also try to mess around with the 1.33 and the 1.66 memory ratio dividers. Hope to hear from you soon.. Oh, I'm really not far away from ordering the PC4000Pro modules, so I'm quite anxious to hear what you will found out. Thanx :D:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived