Corsair Community

IC7-Max3 with CMX512-4400 x2

Gascogne

I just got my new corsair ram today CMX512-4400 x2. :D: But Im wondering what is the best setting one can have with them at the moment on a IC7-Max3 MB? I got a P4 2.8Ghz cpu at the moment with watercooling, so it can be oc atleast. :): :wtfman: :brick: :bsflag: :headbang: :ar: :zzzz: :bling: :damnit: :...: :feedback: :hmmm: :idhitit: :withstupi :jkman: :linksucks :offtopic: :cpimp: :beenrippe :topicsuck :toomuchin :soapbox: :lastweek: :werd: :lastyear: :shootme: :eyebuldge :naughty: :rant: :gotrice: :linksucks :werd:

• Corsair Employees
I would try setting the timings to Cass 2.5-4-3-7 and set the Dim Voltage to 2.85 Volts and then play with it. But I have the same CPU and can not go over 230Mhz. And you might take a look at [URL=http://www.asusforums.org/showthread.php?threadid=268&perpage=15&pagenumber=2]This Post[/URL] on ASUSforums.org as it may offer some help.

This stuff rocks. :D: I've got an Abit IC7-Max3, Intel P4-2.4C and 1GB of the Corsair 4400. I plugged it in, set it to 250 MHz, and haven't touched it since. :eyebuldge When I get some spare time (yeah right) I may start tweaking some of the settings to see if I can pull tighter timings, higher speed, etc. But for the most part, I'm pretty content with the status quo. I'm curious how things go with the 2.8 because I've got a 3.0 in another computer and I'd like to see how the >2.4's scale up. Luck, - kas.

• Corsair Employees
I would try it as some have been verry over clockable, but most of the 2.8 C's and above do not over clock as well. I think [url]www.overclockers.com[/url] has a CPU data base as to what over clock's and what does not.

• 2 months later...
Phew it is not easy to overclock at times. :bigeyes: But I managed to get my system to run with 241x14Mhz, 2.5/7/4/3 and cpu voltage 1.65 and ram voltage 2.8 Going to upgrade my watercooling coming week and going to try to see if I can go higher with my Intel 2.8Ghz :sunglasse Oh and I love my ram alot :D:

• 2 weeks later...
i have used xms4000 pro single stick on gigybyte mainboard and run 2800@3500 without a problem. No single error in 2 days :D: great memory unfortunately i don't have ddr 4400 to try at 275 fsb (i tried with xms4000 and the system was post, but that's all i have tried) CPU SL6WT Anybody knows will be XMS 4400 available in 256 Mb or 512 Twinx? regards to all

Archived