Corsair Community

Have 1024 Twinx Nforce, want to add more ram

cspar

I have 2 sticks of 512 twinx ram pc2700 333 in my Abit NF7-s board v1. I run this at 2-3-3-6, in dual channel. I have one open slot and want to add ram. Can you tell me what will work?

Will I loose the dual channel? If so, will I notice a big proformance hit? I play BF2 and read that more ram will increase gaming.

• Corsair Employees
Yes it does matter, if for example you have Twinx1024-2700LL I would suggest you just find another use for them and get one Twinx2048-3200C2 set of module as XMS2700LL modules are no longer in production and this MB may not post with miss-matched modules.

Yes it does matter, if for example you have Twinx1024-2700LL I would suggest you just find another ise for them and get one Twinx2048-3200C2 set of module as XMS2700LL modules are no longer in production and this MB may not post with miss-matched modules.

Sorry I didn't post the module part#s. My friend has a 512 XMS stick of pc3200 and came over on Saturday. We put that in the third slot and tested it in BF2. No problems. In fact, the game ran smoother. I was able to put the video settings higher to get better graphics. Nice! So, I guess I loose the dual thing, but over all the game plays better and that's what i was looking to do.

Archived