Corsair Community

cmx512-3200c2 will not run 400Mhz on asusa7n8x deluxe!

sivert

My memory will not run at 400mhz, I have an a7n8x deluxe ver 1.04 mb bios ver.1007 1 stick of corsair cmx512-3200c2 in slot 1, 450w ps, amd 3000+ barton (400Mhz fbs) I have tried every combination of bios setting to get my memory to run at 200(400mhz)in sync with my processor it will only crash or screeen go to black when in game or running benchmark, boots up but thats about it. I can turn my memory spd back to 166(333mhz) and everthing runs great,this memory is suposed to run at ddr400 but does not, I hear this is a compadibilty issue with this lot of ram if it is can you help me to clear this up before I get the chainsaw out!!!! Thanx sivert.

Thanx ramguy, taking my memory over to a friends to test on his mb, he has had the same problem on his epox mb as i have ,both nforce2, he has the same ram and has been through 3 stick replacements and the last upgraded stick now works on his board that you guys sent.I guess there is a newer version of the memory that fixes this problem, will flash back to ver 1006 also. let you what the results are.

• Corsair Employees
Please let me know and I have no problem replacing the modules if you need it but from what I have been seeing it may also be the bios as well. And testing on another MB will help to verify that. If you do find errors, lets try replacing the modules. Please send us a email with a copy of the [URL=http://www.corsairmemory.com/main/rma_request.xls]form[/URL] or all of your info name address and phone# and the Module part# and copy the link to this post and email it to [email]Warranty@corsairmemory.com[/email]. Or you can also use the [URL=http://www.corsairmemory.com/main/rma_request.html]On Line RMA Request Form[/URL] as well. If after 1 day or 24 hours excluding weekends you do not get the rma please email the same to [email]warranty@corsairmemory.com[/email] and we will help to resolve it.

OK! flashed back to bios ver. 1006 no fix , could it be a cpu problem?thats the only thing I have changed recently! or do i have to have two modules to run at 400Mhz? iam running 1 in single channel mode going to test on another mother board now. will let you know the results.

I'm having identical problems. Also have A7n8x 1.04 deluxe BIOS 1.07 and 2800+ and two matching sticks of PC3200 XMS 512mb. I have had no problem overclocking CPU to 200mhz x 10, but cannot get stability with memory in sync. Have to throttle memory down to 83% (166mhz) to get the system to start. If going back to 1.06 doesn't help, why bother? Has anyone sucessfully got this configuration to work with A7n8x 1.04. If so please tell me how you made it work.

• Corsair Employees
Greg, If the system is stable in single channel mode or you can run the memory at DDR400 one up and pass [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] but will not run in dual channel mode that might suggest either the CPU multiplier is too aggressive ( Try it at 8 or 9 ) or the chipset might be failing. If possible I would test the memory on another MB as that might help to isolate the problem.

Ok here is the update I swaped my processor back to my spare amd 2700+ thoroughbred 333fbs. Memory ran fine at 400mhz.What is the deal? memory or processor? conflict?compadibility? Why will it not run 400mhz fbs 400mhz memory spd? :mad: where do I go from here?Both processors run at spd and memory at spd just not in a 400-400mhz configuration.:ar:

• Corsair Employees
Can a friend maybe help you test the CPU and memory on another MB? Other than that I would suspect the CPU or the MB may have some issue with the new CPU. Did you try and reset the Bios with the New CPU to make sure the bios is detecting it correctly?

Ok here is the update! I took my cpu, 3000+ barton 400mhz and my memory cmx512-3200c2 and installed it on my buddy's asus a7n8x deluxe ver. 2.0 mb with 1006 bios. 400 mhz fbs 400mhz memory in sync with cpu@ 2-3-3-6 .The thing ran like a dream no problems through benckmarks, no problems in heavy gaming! This proves to me that you would be lucky to run 400mhz cpu 400mhz memory on a 1.04 ver. mb! I have put in for a "rma" for my mb from gameve.com to see what ver. I get in return? And ordered a set of twinx1024-3200c2 and new mb ver2.0 from zzf. Thanx for all the help I will let you know how the new mb setup goes. One last thing what should my setup be for my new mb and memory,latency and voltage settings? Thanx.:sillygrin :biggrin:

Ok finaly got the a7n8x deluxe 2.0 ver mb together, installed a set of twinx 512 32000c2 dc this time around. Everything works like a dream but I still got to tweak some to get to where i want to be, but I can run 400 fsb and 400memory stable all day long benchmark gaming anything goes now.thanx for your input.:greengrin

• 2 years later...
The power converters are the weak point with the A7N8X (both V1 and V2) although with the V1 (and the early V2s) you are doing very well to get 200mhz (400ddr). If you put heatsinks on your converters (just little chip coolers like they use to cool memory on video cards) you'll get a bit more speed. I'm pretty sure it's just [i]one[/i] of the converters having a problem, but their tops are all parallel so I just cut an old A6 heatsink down to size and used "frag tape" to stick it on. Went from 180 stable to 210 stable on an (early) V2. Note - this only really helps if you've got a processor with changable multiplier (XP-M or early Barton), and have good cooling so you can up processor voltage a bit.

Archived