Corsair Community

The Hydrocool WB Qestion.

Gamemaker

i have one question for cool guy i have read all the reviews i could get on the hydrocool 200 and 3 of them say that the waterblocks they got where concave not flat what would you be able to do if i ordered one and i had a bad WB ( i don't want to have to return the whole kit to zipzoomfly.

• Corsair Employees
The chance of you getting a water block that is concave is very slim. If you were to get one I have no problem replacing it. The Hydrocool will be able to handle the heat dissipation of all three blocks(CPU, NB, and GPU). The test units are currently cooling this system: [url]http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=1718681[/url] There will be no need for another unit with better cooling ability. The unit will dissipate the heat of most OC'd systems out there.

• Corsair Employees
Yeah, it is a hand picked 2.6C. Had 8 CPU's that I tested and this one went the distance. I cant post pics yet because of the variations that will come with production units over the ones that I am using. Same functionality, different look.

I am new to water cooling. My name is Dustin. I was wondering if I should get the Corsair Hydrocool 200 water cooling system for my pentium 4 3.06 ghz. it seems that when I use Air cooling I end using a alot of fans makeing not only loud noise that makes it hard to read concentrate, but also ends up getting even louder when I play games. I don't want my computer to fry. Anyone with advice, please help!!!!

If you aren't overclocking, stock fans should do. But even if you aren't overclocking, water cooling will keep the system cooler and quieter than with fans. Cooler components run better, last longer. Heat is always bad with electrical components. Hope this helps..:biggrin:

Ok. So water cooling is the way to go. My system isn't overclocked, but incase I ever feel like overclocking, this would be the way to go. So in other words, is Corsair Hydrocool 200 the best of all water cooling kits? I checked many reviews including [url]www.overclocking.com.[/url] They describe the product the best of all best.

now you say hand picked was that for a set that intel sent you or for a online store like newegg? And the other 5 how well did they do? (i need to know if im getting a 2.4 or a 2.6 so i want the one that is the best but i want the better one that is more likley to work.

Well concave means that the center of the Waterblock is like a dip in the heatsing when you put it on the cpu with vary thin thermal past to test fit and pull it off only the outer edges tuch the cpu and this would make you add more thermal past to fill the gap now by doing so the heat transfer rate is less the more thermal paste between the cpu and WaterBlock = less heat transfer. Now if its ok it will make compleate contact and the thermal paste will not have to be as thick and there for = better heat transfer. And Cool Guy i know i ask alot but i still would like to know this list? 1. the other 7 cpus how well did they run? 2. Do you have a guess at the time frame till the vga and chipset wb release? 3. And How much will it cost to get the new WB's?

• Corsair Employees
green_2003- Water cooling is aimed at enthusiast looking to over clock there systems or to lower the amount of noise produced over high performance air cooled solutions. The advantages will be higher clock speeds at lower temps than air cooling. Gamemaker- Most all of the CPU's were able to hit 270 FSB, only one stopped at 265. These were all retail through a distributor. No hand picked ones from Intel. :(: For a good look at the CPU's out there you can look at this [URL=http://www.cpudatabase.com/CPUdb/]CPU database[/URL].

thanks that is all i need to know but i have found out that the place where i am geting the cpus from charge almost dubble for the 2.6 over the 2.4 (no i cant say where and yes its cheeper then any price online)the 2.6 is not in high demand so it cost more to get from a distributer oops did i say direct for the distributer ya that right i was shocked when i found out that it cost me more than a 3.0 due to demand.

Archived