Corsair Community

Twinx1024-3200xl

DJ Prem

I have 4 TWINX1024-3200XLPRO which total to 2GB I, they are paired, the problem is that originally is started with Flight Simulator 2004 when I played it would give me a STOP error (BSOD) or a blue or black screen. I thought it was the SATA hard drives so I bought 2 Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 SATA 250GB hard drives and when I started installing windows the windows installation gives me and errors about the product catalog and then I get a STOP error, I assumed it was the hard drive and troubleshot the problem with no solution, I returned the hard drives and got 2 Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 IDE 250GB and the same problem returned.

I then thought it may be my Windows XP Professional disc so I ran the installation on my laptop as well as my other desktop and it installed and worked perfectly.

I downloaded a copy of Memtest86+ and I'm currently running it and will continue to do so for the next 48 hours, the test has already found two errors I shall post the 48 hours results after it completes, I have never overclocked any part of my computer and the RAM timmings are automatically detected and not set.

Is it OK for me to run the Memtest86+ as it is based on Memtest86 or do I have to run Memtest86?

What else should I do, I bought this RAM from Overclockers UK, can I send all four RAM modules to Corsair?

I hope this question does not change the way i shall recieve support can Corsair refund me my postage charge is I show proof of postage?

1.jpg - Windows Installation Error

2.jpg - Detailed Windows Installation Error

3.jpg - Memtest86+ Test Error

1.jpg.5b5d8d9c406f5534c8965dc15af38c46.jpg

2.jpg.8ebb86bf49b86e964d66203d18bf3001.jpg

3.jpg.38c12e1992b649e4d45b697c1059a1fd.jpg

I would suggest setting the timings to Cass 2.5-3-3-8 and set the Dim Over voltage control to +.3 Volts with these modules and MB. But if you have problem please test the modules one set at a time with http://www.memtest.org to make sure one is not failing.

I see, also the standard timing for is 2.2.2.5, but I dont wish to slow the RAM as I bought these RAM for thier speeds over the XXXXXXXXX HyperX RAM :(, also http://www.memtest.org is for the Memtest86+ tool which I am using right now

• Corsair Employees
Yes but you are trying to run 4 modules, I would test them one set at a time at the tested settings to make sure one is not failing. But I am not confindent this MB will be able to run 4 modules at DDR400 with aggressive timings. We need to start with something thats more conservitive then once the system is stable try and tweak the timings. I would suggest you watch the memory basics presentation as that will explain about chipset loading.

Yes but you are trying to run 4 modules, I would test them one set at a time at the tested settings to make sure one is not failing. But I am not confindent this MB will be able ti run 4 modules at DDR400 with aggressive timings. We need to start with something thats more conservitive then once the system is stable try and tweak the timings. I would suggest you watch the memory basics presentation as that will explain about chipset loading.

I see, I shall to do

I would like to apologise I made a mistake about the RAM type I had I have the TWINX1024-3200XLPRO, the one that had the LED on the black heat spreader

I've attached a shot of the RAMs with the packaging

Untitled-1.jpg.ba918e536762a33b021d297bb061a1b9.jpg

RAM KIT1 - DATE OF PURCHASE: Nov/2004 - e-TAILER: OcUK (Overclockers)

RESULTS:

2.5-2-2-5: PASS

2.5-3-3-8: PASS

RAM KIT2 - DATE OF PURCHASE: Apr/2005 - e-TAILER: OcUK (Overclockers)

RESULTS:

2.5-2-2-5: FAIL (Errors)

2.5-3-3-8: PASS

Sorry for the delay, I have filed a RMA request right now, I have a few questions regarding the shipping.

Does Corsair give the shipping cost that I have to pay?

Also in the UK when I post an item I get get a Certificate Of Postage, as I shall be sending it via International Post it takes 5 days to arrives incase of loss can I sent a copy of Certificate Of Postage and will Corsair sent me a replacement or will I have to buy a new one?

Once the the replacement is sent out does it take 3 days to get to me in the UK or is this only in the US?

Are the replacements brand new or refurbished kits?

• Corsair Employees
I would suggest you talk to your reseller first and see if they will help you and if not then please submit the RMA directly and when you get the RMA you can ask our Customer Service about these concerns. I am sorry but I don’t deal with international shipments, so I really don’t know.

• Corsair Employees
As far as I know you would pay the shipping to us and we pay to ship new modules back. But I would reply to the email you get from Customer Service and ask them about any other concerns you may have.

Please in the next few days, email warranty@corsairmemory.com with your RMA# and ask them to check the status.

Shall do. Thank You.

it's Freemont, not Fermont...

Below is the copy and paste of the e-mail I got

Dear: XXX

For your return please reference:

RMA Number: Rxxxx *you must return both modules of this matched

pair*

Part Number: TWINX1024-3200XLPRO

Number of modules: 1

RMA Return Address:

Corsair Memory, Inc.

RMA Dept. #Rxxx

44141 S. Grimmer Blvd.

Fremont, CA 94538

Please keep a record of your returning tracking number(s) for verification of delivery.

Your replacement(s) will ship out in 24-48 hours from the time we receive your package.

Thank-you for choosing Corsair Memory! We look forward to supporting all of your future memory needs!

Sincerely,

Customer Service - RMA Dept.

510-657-8747

I posted to as I was told.

Archived