Corsair Community

TwinX1024-4000pro problems..

panoz

Specs are as follows: Intel P4 2.8C Asus P4C800-E deluxe Corsair TwinX1024-4000Pro (512x2) timings are 3-4-4-8(standard) Thermaltake spark 7+ cpu cooler WinXP +sp1 Nvidia FX5200 Gfxcard Maxtor 80gb SATA have huge problems with memtest86 cuz it freezes while running the first test. :(: Same thing happens in windows while executing stressfull applications such as games. Tryied differend voltage - 2.75 and 2.85. Didn't help. When trying to OC above 230fsb at 1:1 ratio the comp freezes when a game is loaded, at 240fsb getting BSOD and at 250fsb the system doesn't boot at all. any suggestions? :idea: EDIT: Tryied memtest86 with USB legacy support disabled, worked fine with no errors at 235fsb. At 237fsb, several errors (atleast 8) and system freezes after 10s. :brick: Plz advise..

• Corsair Employees
Please use the following settings for your BIOS: AI Overclock: Manual CPU Ext. Freq: 2XX DRAM Freq: 400 DRAM Voltage: 2.75 Performance Mode: Standard DRAM Set by SPD: Disabled SDRAM CAS Latency: 3T SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 4T SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 4T SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 8T If [URL=http://www.memtest86.com]Memtest86[/URL] is freezing please check your CPU temps in BIOS right after the freezing occurs. Let me know the outcome. Thanks!

Hey man. Thanks for the quick reply. Tryied the settings you suggested. Now I top out at 235fsb. First get a few errors then it seems like memtest crashes/freezes. Got to 94%. Cpu + MB temps (in Bios after restart): Cpu: 36.5 - 37.5 degrees MB: 27 degrees Cpu vcore is at 1.575v, tryied 1.6v as well. Didn't help.. :mad:

• Corsair Employees
I would suggest testing each module one by one. You may have one weak module. If this is the case please send us an email with a copy of the [URL=http://www.corsairmemory.com/main/rma_request.xls]FORM[/URL] or you can send all of your info(full name, shipping address, phone # with area code, the module part #, quantity to be replaced, and a copy of the link to this post). Email it to [email]rma@corsairmemory.com[/email]. If after 1 day or 24 hours excluding weekends you do not get the rma please email the same to [email]warranty@corsairmemory.com[/email] and we will help to resolve it. Thank You!

• Corsair Employees
We will provide warranty support those outside the U.S. if there place of purchase will not be able to help then, I would highly suggest working with your place of purchase first before seeking an RMA from us. Thanks!

Now then.. I've tested both modules individually. Anything above 237fsb is a disaster, meaning the system freezes after 10s in memtest86. (235fsb goes well, no errors after 1hour per module.) Getting a error message: "Unexpected interrupt - halting" with lots of error codes. Tryied cpuburn in windows, just to try if the cpu is maxed out. System is more stable with HT off at 230. 1,5hours (manual stop) with HT disabled and 14min with HT enabled. Is my cpu the "bad" part in my system? :bomb:

• 2 weeks later...
anyways.. hrm.. thanks for the help man! Btw, is it possible to post your BIOS settings (if you have the same motherboard as well :D: ), or if you have any suggestions for getting out the best performance of the memory modules.. cheers!

Archived