Corsair Community

RMA REQUIRED? Bad Module? - Fail Memtest 386

I have a set of 1 GB Corsair XMS3200LL PT TWINX (2 x 512 MB) running in my system. For some time I have been experiencing random crashes and reboots and a friend suggested trying the forums here and Memtest 386.

I downloaded and ran Memtest386 and it came up with 12 errors on test 5 at various memory addresses.

Is it possible that I can get authorisation for an RMA to get the modules replaced?

Will both modules be replaced as it is a matched pair, and I dont want to experience further problems if the new stick is not compatible with the old one!!

Many thanks.

• Corsair Employees
Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and then test the module/modules again one at a time with www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

• 3 months later...

I thought I had already posted a reply, my bad!!

I set the timings and voltage manually and have not experienced any furter hard reboots or crashes to desktop from Battlefield 2 game.

The timings and voltages were showing correctly in the automatic detected settings too which I thought was unusual. THe memtest386 tests also ran without any errors.

I think in future I'll set them all manually just to make sure.

Thanks for the advice.

Archived