Corsair Community

512r-3200pt gigabyte ga-7n400 pro2

louford62

gigabyte ga-7n400 pro2 with dual channel 400 support amd 3000+ ati 9600 pro (128 megs) thermaltake 420 power supply and two Corsair cmx512r-3200c2pt rams lot# 0341099 Can not get this guy to boot. I get the continuous long beeps, indicating dram error per the mb manual. I tried clearing the cmos by removing the battery for 10 minutes. Brand new, has not booted yet. Tried the memory in slots 1 and 3 and 1 only. In fact, get the same beep error when there is no ram at all. How can I get it to boot first time? Thanks in advance!

Okay, I think I screwed up with my RAM choice and got the wrong kind, looks like I should have got the LL version. Registered, not, LL, C2, starting to get a grip on this. Wish I would have come here and asked before I bought the RAM. I'd like one gig, can you recommend the right Corsair memory for the Gigabyte GA-7N400PRO2 ? I checked the XMS pdf data, but the board is not there. What about for the ASUS NFORCE2 A7N8X DELUXE? What's the right choice for one gig on this board? Of course using two 512s is preferred where possible for cost. Lastly, I've got to do something with these two RAMs, CMX512R-3200C2PT, can you recommend a motherboard for them for AMD, or maybe a small form factor? I really appreicate that this formum exists, and thanks for the help! Corsair RAM is the best.

• 1 month later...
yeah i have a 7n400 pro 2, too... haha umm, i am currently pondering whether to buy corsair pc3200 with dual channel (256x2) or just a single stick of 512, anyone got any ideas? it seems that these 7n400 pro boards are having a lot of compatibility problems with the corsair dual channel memory.

sorry, forgot to add this, what kind of ram were you going to use anyway man? you said you bought the wrong kind, but you wrote something that came off sort of confusing? did you say you're going to buy registered ram? because that would be quite incorrect..

• Corsair Employees
I have not seen to may problems with this model as of yet. But there were some issue with the first revision that was not related to memory. But I would get memory to match your CPU. In other words if the CPU speed is 133 or 166MHz then I would suggest Twinx1024-2700LL. But if you plan one over clocking or using a CPU with a 200FSB CPU I would suggest Twinx1024-3200LL

Archived