Corsair Community

Need RMA - Bad Memory Modules

Stellus

Before I begin to explain, this person's post pretty much sums up the same issue that I am having..

With my scenario, it happens only when playing games. After a random amount of time during gameplay, my game will either crash and ask for a bug report to be sent to that game's developers OR my system will either crash to a BSOD. The messages I receive in these BSOD's are along the lines of PFN_LIST_CORRUPT, IQRL_LESS THAN_EQUAL (something along this phrase), and also a BSOD that points to the file ha1okx2k.sys (which relates to Sound Blaster).

I have tried everything. From fresh reinstalls of windows, removing the Sound Blaster Drivers (and card), even replacing my graphics card with a brand new one (I even downgraded). I've checked any and all drivers related to my system, uninstalled drivers, reinstalled drivers (properly, mind you), you name it.

Finally, I ran a memory test. After its second pass, there was an error in one of its 5 or 6 tests (I forget which one). This leads me to believe that the problem has to do with my memory. I tested it again and received the same memory error message.

They are TWINX1024-3200XL Dual Channeled. I have 2 sets of them in my system, totalling to 4 sticks. They are properly inserted into the correct channels (I checked that too :biggrin: ). I would like to have all 4 of them replaced and when visiting the RMA site, it asks for some number from the RAM guy himself.

So here I am, assking for your approval in getting my modules replaced. Thanks in advance.

• Corsair Employees

With 4 modules you would need to relax the timings for most MB's and all of our XMS modules are tested in a MB at the rated speed before they leave our factory, so it would be hard to get 4 bad modules. Not too mention, there are not many MB's that would be able to run 4 modules at DDR400 especially at Cass 2-2-2-5.

Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Archived