Really st00pid question I'm sure.

iLLLoGik

Ok I have :

1X CMX512-3200LLpt

2(twinx) CMX256 3200llpt

Looking around I found a stick of ram

the reads CMX512-3200LLPT is that all there is to a model

number to match it up to my 512 so I can run

1.5 gb in my A8N-e (which must have 4 sticks to work)?

voltage is the same as well

Depending on your CPU, that might not run very well even if they're the same revision.

Sorry, didn't read into the forums about the labels I should have.

The board/CPU I'll be using for now with these Sticks (2x512 if I get the one I'm looking at + 2x256 all 3200llpt and actually same ver.) would be:

Asus A8N-e 939 nForce 4 with a 3500+ A64 (for now my systems tend to be VERY dynamic ideas but generally I use the RAM over and over)

So how would they not work very well I never imagined that senario?

Assuming you have 4 sticks that are "exactly" the same, they would only run at 333MHz unless your CPU is a Venice core.

In addition to this, some of the A64 chips are EXTREMELY picky and troublesome when it comes to memory. The modules used must be well matched to run them reliably and especially with tight latencies.

Some of the later chips address this shortcomming (Venice was a good step and San Diego another), but it still exists.

PLUR

CK

In addition to this, some of the A64 chips are EXTREMELY picky and troublesome when it comes to memory. The modules used must be well matched to run them reliably and especially with tight latencies.

Some of the later chips address this shortcomming (Venice was a good step and San Diego another), but it still exists.

PLUR

CK

Wow so me running corsair mixed with samsung and hynix at a 2.5 latency (not all sticks are the same lat. 2 are cas 3, 1 is cas 2, 1 is cas 2.5) all running at 400mhz must a miracle or something. I can't wait to see what kind of feat I can pull off with all the same types :P

Archived