Corsair Community

One bad stick of TWINX

I purchased two sets of TwinX memory (4 sticks of TWINX1024-3200C2PT 1GB DDR400 XMS3200 Dual-Channel Memory w/Platinum Heat Spreader) for my two networked computers from ZipZoomFly in January 05. (I've outfitted both computers identically in every detail except software).

These worked great up until about 4 weeks ago. One computer began having regular Blue Screens Of Death -- mainly when my son was playing online games. The BSODs became more and more regular until the computer wouldn't even complete bootup without crashing. After reading a few post here and on other forums I began to troubleshoot by swapping the four memory modules between the computers. Sure enough, when I swapped both pairs between computers the other computer started having the BSODs. I then pulled one module at a time until the BSODs stopped...and one module was left out! So, I have one bad stick out of four.

Please provide me an RMA so I can return the set with the bad stick for a replacement.

Thank you.

• Corsair Employees

I would suggest you submit the RMA request for one Twinx set of modules and send both modules.

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Archived