Corsair Community

asus A8N-E

englishchef

hi

i have just built my own pc and keep getting blue screen crashes and it keeps saying irq not less than or equal to.

i have tried running pc wqith only 1x1gb value select chip and it works fine, i have tested all 4 like this and it runs fine, i have reinstalled all 4 chips and now it keeps crashing and doing the blue screen of death.

i have put the ram voiltage at 2.75v but i am not 100% sure what i am doing with all the 3-3-3--8 etc thing. i had originally installed a radeon x700 pro pci express graphics card and i then chenaged to a asus nvida 6600 to see if it was a compatabilty issue but ther same thing keeps happening.

is this a compatability issue or have i done something wrong?

please help before it 'accidently' falls down a flight of stairs!!!

Since the 1GB sticks are only sold individually, there's a good chance that the

IC's don't match across all 4 sticks.

There's no real tracking on the VS series like there is with the XMS line.

It could be anyones guess what chips are on each stick.

I could only suggest mixing them up and see if at least 2 or 3 work together.

hi tand thanks for the reply i got another blue screen crash and it was titles, 'memory managment' and then when xp booted up i got this in the error report

BCCode : 1a BCP1 : 00041284 BCP2 : C43B3001 BCP3 : 00007FF4

BCP4 : C0E00000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1

any thoughts??

hi

i have juast built my first pc and can't get it to work properly. i have 4x1gbvalue select installed and i keep getting bsod crashes which is either irq not less than, etc or memory management. i originally had a x700 pro sapphire pci express graphics card but changes it to an asus nvida 6600 to see if it was compatability but the same thing keeps happening. how do i cure this problem and is a 400w psu powerful enough for mny system. also it seems like a long way away but if i can cure this problem which graphics card would you reccommend i keep.

i have made some changes to the bios but i'm not 100% sure what i am doing, the voltage is at 2.75volt

is it poss that the sticks just don't like each other as when i have tested them individually they all worked fine so it doesn't seem like they are crap.

my speed mhz is best to run this memory set up as i keep finding conflicting info

please help before it 'accidently' falls down some stairs

chef

thanks for getting back to me, asus boards will only run the value select in either 1 or 4 configuration and it is already set to 2t, i've changed the volts to 2.85 and see how this goes,

if this doesn't work i'm ready to change to another brand of ram

cheers :mad:

i have increased the volts to 2.85 and it crashed in quick succession first time with 'page error in a non paged' something and the second time was 'bad pool',

what else can i try it is the same with either 2 or 4 chips in it seems ok with one chip but then thats a waste of time having a mobo that supports 4 gb of ram but can only run 1 gb. is it that the value selct are crap and i should change to xms and if so will it work with my system :mad: :mad: :mad:

i'm gonna sell the sticks on ebay and get some cash back off them. i've ordered dual kit of twinx2048-3200C2pt. i was wondering what the best setting for them to run at was and what is the best mhz and voltage

cheers for help :sunglasse

• Corsair Employees

Dim Voltage to +2.7 Volts: (MAX 2.9 Volts)

CAS Latency CL=2.5

Row Cycle Time tRC Bios Default

Row Refresh Cyc Time tRFC Bios Default

Ras# to CAS# delay tRCD 3

Row to Row delay Bios Default

Min Ras# Active Time tRAS 11

Row Precharge Time tRP 3

Write Recovery Time Bios Default

Write to Read delay Bios Default

Read to Write Delay Bios Default

Refresh Period tREF Bios Default

Enable 2T Timing Disabled

Then test the system with http://www.memtest.org and make sure it's stable! If you have problems, I would set Enable 2T Timings to AUTO and test it again!

• Corsair Employees
It depends on how the MB maker shows the memory frequency, but DDR400 memory would actually be running at 200 Mhz clock frequency but because its double data rate 200 Mhz X 2 = DDR400.

Archived