Corsair Community

Anyone with Gigabyte motherboard and GPU control both with icue ?

Gotcha29

This new plugin for Gigabyte has me hopeful I can control all my lighting with 1 software.

With the new Icue iCUE 5.16.75, GIGABYTE mainboards are supported. 

So you would have to use the Gigabyte software like with Asus 
Install GCC and then the SDK implementation takes place and it should be displayed in the Icue.

It should also work the other way around, but I don't have a gigabyte of hardware (at the moment) to be able to test it.

I have a gigabyte GPU with GCC, icue does not currently show up, was wondering if I replaced my motherboard with a gigabyte would icue control both?

I have B650 Gigabyte Gaming X AX motherboard with GCC and icue installed.

I cannot control lighting in Icue with the gigabyte plugin installed and everything as far am concerned fully updated.

I wanted to control RGB in icue but not working, i can see sensor data etc for the motherboard

Icue will control 12v rgb headers not 5v argb on motherboards. You will need a corsair controller to control that.

I went with the node core pro and corsair to argb wires I found on ebay.

I only had 4 fans if you have 6+ look at the commander pro.

if you bought a set of fans it usually comes with a controller there are 2 types the old corsair connector and the new daisy chain fan and controller welcome to pandora's box.

I upgraded my pc and bought a X670E Aorus Pro X 3 weeks ago, so far I've not been able to make it work on iCue. 
I've exchanged a few e-mails with Corsair's support but so far nothing has worked. 

Some of my also upgraded their setups and bought Gigabyte B650 motherboards, but they also have not been able to control it using iCue:/.

I'll reply again to this comment if I'm able to find a solution. 

Is the motherboard showing up in Icue?

Nope, I've tried everything, but it doesn't show up.
Every new update from GCC I install it right away, thinking it would fix the issue, but it doesn't. 

Hopefully they can solve that with an update.

when i spoke to corsair they said gigabyte motherboard will only show up if has onboard RGB of its own (how many boards have rgb).  My motherboard shows up in sensor page and i can see fans/temps but just for display , i can control nothing. My motherboard does not show up on icue homepage at all as a device.

They also said every type of corsair fan needs controller hub (basically corsair fans for argb use own propriety connector), and yes thanks gotcha29 some do come with basic controller but control speeds and rgb going need something like commander xt.

The other easier route is new Link system which is great but freaking expensive, comes in kit of 3 (i have six fans including my AIO) so i would need buy two kits (£99 ea) or one kit and 3 separate link fans (£29ea). So the costs are skyrocketing.

The other option is to buy a corsair case with fans and hub, but still no doubt need extra fans. I am thinking to buy commander xt (cant find pro on amazon uk) and some adapter cables use existing case/fans, then buy corsair fans at later date.

Fan control you should really have controlled by your motherboard bios on the fan curve  higher rpm for higher temps. Corsair will try to sell you anything they can for $$$ I belive commander xt is for rgb not argb find out what fans you have before you proceede.