Corsair Community

Flash Voyager stopped working

drummer_86

I, like many others it seems, have a Flash Voyager 256MB drive and it stopped working. Of course it stopped working slightly after the 30 day standard NewEgg warranty. I've tried it on multiple machines and it doesn't even light up anymore. Why are so many of these Flash Voyager Drives failing 1 month into the 10 year warranty? And how can I know the replacement won't do the same?

That still doesn't answer all of my questions.

At least yours lasted as long as it did. Mine failed within 4 days. It would seem that the only response the RAM Guy can give is to follow the link for replacement. I have sent mine in for replacement, however that doesn't take into account that it cost me 10 bucks for packing and shipping it back. Also, I purchased the Voyager to use for work for distributing presentation materials for some presentations I was giving this week. Didn't do me much good since I am now waiting on the RMA replacement. One guy in another thread stated that he purchased two which were both dead and when he got the replacments for those two one of the replacments was dead. That's just sad...

• Corsair Employees
First thing, I am sorry you are having trouble, but to put this in perspective, the return rate on these devices is lees than .001% so even though there seems to be some with the same issue it’s a very small number compared to the total number we sell. With that in mind if any one gets more than 2 drives that are or start failing that would suggest there may be a problem with the host system. And the most common cause would be lack of power to the USB hub. In many systems they will offer either in the bios or on the MB by jumper to set the power source from the 5 Volts standby to the + 5 Volts rail. And I would check and see if you have this option and set the power to be from the +5 Volts rail. But I have no problem replacing any ones drive should someone have a problem. These just don’t fail that much. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Archived