Corsair Community

Ramguy, xms 4400 questions.

Rugged

• Corsair Employee
Yes! Hynix -D5 Rev C And the Max voltage will be the same as XMS4000 2.9 Volts. As far as a reseller all of the Major reseller I am sure will stock this part but it's only just started production so it may take a week or so for it to filter into the channel.

Looks like its in stock here... [url]http://www.spartantech.com/product.asp?m1=pw&pid=CMTWINX1024%2D4400PT[/url] I also like to know what chips it uses, as well as what the highest speeds you guys have got it running in your test lab on Asus, Abit and/or Epox's i875 mobo's :eyebuldge

• Corsair Employee
ASUS Rev 1.X P4C800-E up to 280 and its starts to break but we do not think its the modules. Also not all of the MB's we have will run at this speed we found out of about 20 MB's only 2 or 3 would be able to consistantly to run. And ABIT IC7-G Max III toped out at about 275Mhz at least the MB's we have so far thats the fastest for that MB of what we have. I will not mention what does not work only what did! Sorry!

Thanks Ram ! Looking forward to getting some soon and hopefully abit will fix their problematic IC7-MAX3 soon. Whats up Retro ? Long time no see. How are things going over there at the abit forums? any news on a fix for the max3 ? I got banned from their forums for giving them hell. Ramguy and I have been down the giving hell road before but being the quality guy that he is.... he did not ban me. :greengrin P.S. Retro.. How do you like that epox board? Any info you could give me on it would be much appriciated. Thanks

Heya ! How do I like my Epox board ? Using all of the same parts as seen in my sig... my MAX3 was unstable at anything over 270, my Epox is OK up to 288 ... I LOVE IT ! :D: Although, to be honest, I think my issue was not really Abit's fault. Asus, Abit and Epox all have the same issues.... Some boards just suck at 5:4 compared to others of the same make/model/revision. I really think its an issue with the i875 chipset , not the mobo makers.

If you are looking for a good idea of the CPU's out there and there overclockibility I would suggest looking at [URL=http://www.cpudatabase.com/CPUdb/]Overclockers.com CPU database[/URL]. That should give you a good idea what different CPU's can do.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RAM GUY [/i] [B]Yes! Hynix -D5 Rev C And the Max voltage will be the same as XMS4000 2.9 Volts. As far as a reseller all of the Major reseller I am sure will stock this part but it's only just started production so it may take a week or so for it to filter into the channel. [/B][/QUOTE] RamGuy, I have been searching for more information on the "-D5 Rev C' Hynix chips on their website and I cannot find D5 chips anywhere. I have found plenty of information on the D4 and D43. Could you please point me in the right direction. Thanks

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RAM GUY [/i] [B]XMS4400 is based on -D5 Rev C' Hynix chips [/B][/QUOTE] I realize that already, Ram. I was just asking where I could find more detailed information on the chips. I have been to Hynix's website and could not find more detailed information on the chips.

• Corsair Employee
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by pardobrown [/i] [B]Ram Guy, Can you tell us what CPU was used in the test setup on the Asus P4C800-E? I've got a P4 2.8c and I don't think it is the TWINX1024 4000 PRO that is limiting me at 242 FSB. Thanks, [/B][/QUOTE] 2.4C

• Corsair Employee
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rugged [/i] [B]I realize that already, Ram. I was just asking where I could find more detailed information on the chips. I have been to Hynix's website and could not find more detailed information on the chips. [/B][/QUOTE] Hynix doesn't have the datasheet for the D5's posted but here's the one for the D43's: [url]http://www.hynix.com/datasheet/pdf/dram/HY5DU564[/url](8,16)22CT_D(Rev0.3).pdf

Archived