Corsair Community

ICUE Fan lights messed up

Any ideas on how to fix fan lights messing up the colors? I've reinstalled multiple times and downgraded versions, but it's still the same. I have only 1 app installed for RGB Lights. Also got Razer Central and Logitech hub if that matters. Armoury crate from Asus is uninstalled.
This is how it looks with Rainbow Mural on.

1.jpg

You probably need to be a bit more detailed as to what the fans should be doing in that picture. I can see the one magenta spot and that’s likely a blown green LED (support ticket - replace fan). 

These fans are prone to have LEDs fail over time. One easy way to check is to set a 255/255/255 white static for all fans. That usually highlights malfunctioning groups pretty quickly, but ultimately this is almost always a hardware problem requiring replacement. 

I have this same problem as well. Three LL120s + one LL140 on the same chain. At first, it was 1 LL120 with 1 blown LED making the whole chain flicker. I was able to isolate the one led and darken  it out and that worked - for about a month. Then the whole chain started doing other things. Randomly changing colours, and sometimes only having a few LEDs static lit on a single fan (random colours). I tried to use static colour profiles to find/isolate other bad LEDs but couldn't locate them so now I just leave them all dark. I was on iCue 5 and went back to 4 hoping for that to help, but it didn't. Maybe I'll try iCue 5 again, but that version persistently messes up (random colours/hardware (ram/k95) undetected) or crashes resuming from sleep. It's sad. It all started when the commander pro firmware was released. Coincidence? Anyways, my fans are out of warranty and they still spin so they do their job, but when it comes time to replace, it prob won't be rgb.

1 hour ago, EaglezRock said:

At first, it was 1 LL120 with 1 blown LED making the whole chain flicker. I was able to isolate the one led and darken  it out and that worked - for about a month. Then the whole chain started doing other things. Randomly changing colours

So that is a LED with an intermittent signal problem.  It's much harder to pin down than a blown LED because of the flickering and randomness of what happens along the entire series circuit.  The blown LED leaves a permanent spot.  However, same remedy and you need to get in contact with Corsair to replace the fan.  If you managed to pin it down that's good work.  Before finalizing your request with Corsair, disconnect the RGB wire for the suspected bad fan and make sure the rest are in sequence 1-2-3-4, etc.  Let it run for a day to make sure there is only one bad fan.  There hasn't been a new Commander Pro firmware release in several years, so I think that is a false lead.  These fan behavior issues are fan hardware related 95% of the time.  

The KB and RAM detection stuff can be tricky.  The MB and BIOS can affect both and the RAM chipset interaction is even more interwoven.  You probably need a separate thread for help with that.  

I have probably blown leds since purchase, because those 2 marks was almost always there.

The problem is with software not hardware, look on the foto how it looks with Rainbow profile set. Its hard to show without video, but i can't get any standard or customs profile to light up and do the right colors or animation.

You need to be very specific about what you set in CUE. Use a screen shot if needed.  Using "Rainbow" in Murals will produce a drastically different image than Rainbow in the normal lighting presets.  You also have 9 fans, so this means two different controllers and two lighting effects set. If you are trying to test functionality, set up static patterns in pure red, green, blue, and white to check LED function.  The software lighting patterns haven't changed in a long time.  It is exceedingly rare for any type of pattern corruption on the software end.  It's almost always going to be physical with the fans.