Corsair Community

1000D case can it fit a radiator in the bottom?

Go to solution Solved by TGAlex,

Posted (edited)

Hi,

Im looking at getting Corsair 1000D case but want to know if the psu cover and pump mount are removed in the bottom of case can a radiator be installed?

Thnaks in advance

Edited by 5masher

Not that I could tell when I stripped out mine.

So this is how it looks like after unboxing:

IMG_0478.thumb.JPEG.1fcc316c6c25c4d63b681232c167d809.JPEG

IMG_0480.thumb.JPEG.5d08c6da9f7e9595cd4466e694623e70.JPEG

Right under the square box thing there are four vertical slots where you can mount HDDs, not sure if that includes SSDs I didn't really check as I already knew where I would mount mine. The slots are removable but not the box itself, except for the top metal rack where you can mount your pump. But even with the rack removed, you still can't remove the box's roof that lies underneath.

Right under the bigger box is where the PSU is located and fortunately that box is completely removable, however, there aren't any mounts at the bottom which you could use to mount a fan, or anything as a matter fact. I chose to remove that box primarily for aesthetic reasons, the PSU itself looks far better.

This is what you end up with after removing the big box and the drive slots under the square box. You can see the metal rack on top of it, from which I had removed the two screws and I was about to take it off, mount my pumps on it and put the whole assembly back on (a lot easier this way). As I said, the rest of the box can't be removed, or at least isn't meant to. But even if you do remove it, where are you going to mount your pump(s)?

IMG_0482.thumb.JPEG.d22c98c145d54855aa6aaed4ac16b228.JPEG

IMG_0481.thumb.JPEG.478ffad05673419306cf4463fed8faf2.JPEG

• Solution

Forgot to mention, from factory there is also a set of extra slots to mount even more drives and controllers, located at the back, in front of the vertical slots at the bottom when looking from behind (2nd pic). That whole window is covered. In that pic I have already removed it.

thank you very much very helpful. whats the measurement of the holed area please?, I have no issue modifying case to fit hopefully a 240 rad dependant on that size

If you mean the circled area, that's 47 x 46.6 cm / 18.5 x 18.35 in (w x h).

IMG_0480a.thumb.jpg.d95482271f1025ee6b168e40c3166789.jpg

Or 48.5 x 48.5 cm / 19.1 x 19.1 in (w x h) if you measure from inside the case.

IMG_1040.thumb.jpg.575b0971faf83d8e539db9f83b7e9c25.jpg

If you mean the little window on top of the 1000D controller (top pic), that's covered by the MB back plate. But I assume you meant the whole thing I've circled.

Otherwise let me know and I'll measure that too for you.

hi,

the power supply section that has the holes in the bottom of the case, where youve removed the psu cover, theres holes for the psu to breath 

if that makes sense

Oh that's a tough one, there's no way I can measure that, because the PSU is literally touching the bottom so I can't slide the tape measure underneath. It's also sitting on top of all holes so I can't know how far I need to measure. Width is even tougher. I could attempt to give you an approximate number but it's not gonna help you.

May I ask why you want the extra fan(s)? Aesthetic reasons? That I can understand, but other than that, I mean, the air flow inside a 1000D is absolutely insane!

Only modify the top rack to fit two 360 rads and six 120 fans. Need to 3D print a new rack. Then, together with back exhaust fans, you have almost neutral air pressure inside the case, which is perfect. And go for push-pull on all four rads.

You don't need more than two 480s and two 360s. If you still want one extra rad, it is possible to fit a 240 at the back of the case, vertically, right where you'd normally mount the rear exhaust fans, which would be either one 140 or two 120s, but in the case of the rad you'll go with two 120s. I've seen it done, if you need more info I can hook you up with the guys who did it. But you don't need it, I haven't seen coolant rise above 42C and that's playing games such as Assassins Creed Mirage in 4K and all settings maxed out, and Cyberpunk 2077 and Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora also in 4K and settings nearly maxed out. That's at 25C room temp and note that nearly the entire MB is liquid cooled as well.

The extra 240 will increase your cooling capacity by only 14% which just isn't possible to put to use with the present GPUs. In fact, by the time we get a GPU that comes remotely close to overwhelm two 480s and two 360s, chances are you'll have moved to a new system. So right now, that 14% isn't gonna change anything, the 42C won't become 41C because of the 240. But can it be cool aesthetically? Sure, and if that's why you want it, go for it. Just sorry I couldn't help with measuring the holed area at the bottom. Honestly, I don't think anyone has fitted a rad at the bottom of a 1000D, so you'd be first. Perhaps that can be another reason to do it, I suppose. 🙂

lol thnaks for reply. theres always 1 and that 1 is me 🙂

its for 3 loops actually 1 for cpu then 1 for gpu and finally one for the memory on a 240mm rad

cheers

you could cool your ram with a tiny alphacool radiator for 40mm fans 😛  

the more loops you have, the more coling headroom you waste basically, but going 3 loops would make for a good meme build ^^