Corsair Community

512 XMS3200C2 and Asus P4P800 Deluxe

REVNU

I am currently running an Asus P4P800 Deluxe with one stick of Corsair 512-XMS3200C2. I want to upgrade to another stick of the same memory. Will I have any problems running these sticks in Dual Channel Mode? I do NOT plan on Over Clocking, I just want it stable and as fast as possible without having to overclock. What timings would be a good to start with? Thanks! ~Richard

• Corsair Employees
For 2 single modules of XMS3200C2 I would set the timings to Cass 2.5-3-3-7 and set the Dim Voltage to 2.75 Volts and then run [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] on the system. But please disable USB Legacy support when running Memtest86.

• 4 weeks later...
I just installed my second 512-XMS3200C2 module today on my Asus P4P800-Deluxe. So far so good. The first thing I did was run memtest on the module for 10 passes... no errors at 2-3-3-6. I then installed both modules on Dual-Channel Mode and tested them for 3 passes... no errors at 2.5-3-3-6. I ran a complet 3Dmark test and it finished with no problems. Not quite the improvement I was hoping for but still pretty good. Would I get better performance trying to run the modules at 2-3-3-6 timings? I am very happy that everything is working, I had my doubts about the DDR400 modules in Dual-Channel mode on this board as the memory was not listed in the list. But it works! Thanks Corsair and Ram Guy, this RAM is bulletproof! :ar:

Archived