Corsair Community

4x512 TWINX1024 3200C2PT running at 100mhz???

R1NLP

Hi everyone. I just added another 1024 mb of RAM to my rig. For some reason it's running at 100mhz rather than the default 200mhz. Any ideas why? I'm running an AMD64 3500 on an ASUS A8V Deluxe motherboard. Any help is greatly appreciated!

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry but you cannot mix memory with this platform, all of the modules would need to be the exact same part# and revision. I would see if the reseller will let you send all of these back and just get 1-Twinx2048-3200C2 for best performance.

Two are 1.5 and two are 4.3

I got the same problem - to be exact, mine are 1.5 and 4.1

They are identical in terms of speed, however, Corsair admitted that they switched to an entirely different type of chips, so these "revisions" don't work together at all. To me this sounds like entirely different model, not a "revision". None of the resellers ever track the revision number.

I truly believe that Corsair has to do something about this, at least broadcast the info about this glitch, so more of us don't get Fry'ed. So far, they have offered me a whole bunch of timing settings, completely ignoring this thread of their own.

:mad:

Best of luck,

AL

I got the same problem - to be exact, mine are 1.5 and 4.1

They are identical in terms of speed, however, Corsair admitted that they switched to an entirely different type of chips, so these "revisions" don't work together at all. To me this sounds like entirely different model, not a "revision". None of the resellers ever track the revision number.

I truly believe that Corsair has to do something about this, at least broadcast the info about this glitch, so more of us don't get Fry'ed. So far, they have offered me a whole bunch of timing settings, completely ignoring this thread of their own.

:mad:

Best of luck,

AL

Model = Toyota Corolla

Revision = 1994, 2005, etc.

Their parts may not be compatible with each other, but they'll perform the same (no, really, they will, I've had both! Ok, the 2005 gets better gas mileage, but hey, who's complaining? :biggrin: )

1. It's not a glitch. It's the fault of the memory controllers. They're always picky. Back in the day you used to only be able to use single or dual sided memory because of memory controller limitations.

2. How are they ignoring this thread? Ram Guy's replied to it today.

Ok, I can't send them all back, but I can send back the newest pair I bought. If I decide to buy a single 1-gig module how would that affect my performance? If that works better, what would you recommend??

• Corsair Employees
You cannot mix memory with this platform, if you add to what you have now you would need to match the modules part# and revision for best performance and compatibility. I would encourage you to try and find another use for the modules you have now and just get 1-Twinx2048-3200C2 set of modules for best performance.

Archived