Corsair Community

Intel D865GLC board and TWINX1024-3200C2PT

Cristian Prodan

Hi,

I have purchased a pair of memory TWINX1024-3200C2PT.

I have tried to install them on the system to work in dual channel mode, but the system does not start. If I place the memory modules in any configuration for single channel mode, then system start and work.

What can be the reason for this failure in case of installing the memory in dual channel mode.

Thanks,

• Corsair Employees
That might suggest the memory controller in the chipset is failing and I would test the modules in another MB to be sure. But I would RMA the MB as long as the memory tests O.K. in another system.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have tested the memory in another system and that system start in dual channel mode.

I have borrowed another pair of memory (2x512MB, not Corsair) and tested on my system, Intel D865GLC, and the system work in dual channel mode, without problem. This might suggest that the memory controller is OK.

What can be the reason that the system does not work with the Corsair memory in dual channel mode, but it works in single channel mode.

BTW, what is the operating voltage for the Corsair memory. I found nothing about this on the web site.

Thanks,

• Corsair Employees
You cannot set the voltage on most Intel boxed MB's, but if you can 2.75 Volts would be suggested. And I would test the modules one ata time and make sure one is not failing and both modules have the same SPD timings set in the SPD as that could cause this. In addition, the other memory you tested was DDR400 right or was it DDR333?

Archived