Corsair Community

iCUE H150i ELITE LCD continuously disconnects/reconnects when playing Dragon's Dogma 2...

I previously had an issue with my iCUE H150i ELITE LCD disconnecting and reconnecting randomly when playing other games. It was very random and would happen a few times a night. I swapped some of my USB ports on my NZXT internal USB powered hub and it fixed the problem for the past month or two. 

I have about 20 hours into Dragon's Dogma 2 (and other games recently) with no issues from Corsair. Tonight, I was playing for about 1 minute and I heard the USB disconnect noise. Then it starting a continuous cycle of disconnecting and reconnecting, to the point that I could barely move my cursor around the screen. As soon as I exited the game, it stopped doing it. I powered down, checked my USB port connections and nothing seems loose or changed. Everything is up to date through iCue software. 

Any ideas what might be causing this?

Hardware:
Asus Prime X570-P mobo
Ryzen 7 3700x
Sapphire Nitro+ 6900xt
32gb corsair 3200mhz - Vengeance Pro RGB
iCUE H150i ELITE LCD
Windows 10 Pro

Edited by v3nustas

• 1 month later...

I’m also having random disconnects. Also have a nzxt hub (internal). I did update icue to the latest and wondering if that was a mistake.

Ive heard updating bios can fix it. Are you on the latest?

Hardware:
Asus Dark hero X570
Ryzen 5950x
4090 fe
32gb corsair 3600 - Vengeance Pro RGB
iCUE H150i ELITE LCD
Windows 11 Pro

Is it just the LCD top that drops out of CUE?  Or does it stay in CUE but enter an inoperable state where you can’t access the device details?

15 hours ago, c-attack said:

Is it just the LCD top that drops out of CUE?  Or does it stay in CUE but enter an inoperable state where you can’t access the device details?

I dont have icue up when it happens but it seems to disconnect while playing rainbow six siege. I also have Corsair vengeance rgb ram and the lights on those go off as well. I hear the windows usb disconnect sound when it happens and then it reconnects right away. LCD goes through a power cycle and shows the Corsair boot logo. It never has done this in the past. The only thing I recall is that I updated icue recently(within a week)

That seems like a CUE crash and recovery as the RAM drops into HW lighting mode too. Really hard for any of us to pin down the underlying cause. Go to the CUE settings and turn on “debug logging” in the general settings. The next time this happens, go back to CUE and manually export the logs to file location. Create a support ticket and send the logs in. This won’t be a quick resolution, but the only other path is to clean install, clean the registry, and hope it is local file corruption. 

6 hours ago, c-attack said:

That seems like a CUE crash and recovery as the RAM drops into HW lighting mode too. Really hard for any of us to pin down the underlying cause. Go to the CUE settings and turn on “debug logging” in the general settings. The next time this happens, go back to CUE and manually export the logs to file location. Create a support ticket and send the logs in. This won’t be a quick resolution, but the only other path is to clean install, clean the registry, and hope it is local file corruption. 

Great thanks. Will do.