Corsair Community

Rma Request For Xms4000

Have been getting random blue screens. Ran memtest with both modules, failed. Individually, 1 passed the other failed no matter which slot I tested it in. Test failed on 7 of 9 passes with aprox. 2100 errors at the 367.3mb area.

My stats for my system are in my user profile if you need to know.

I run and have run my system in a stock default setting for 1.5 years now, just recently have had this problem. BIOS settings for RAM and CPU are on auto with no manual overclocking.

Purchased both sticks from Newegg aprox. 1.5 years ago; Corsair Platinum series TwinX XMS4000v1.1 part # CMX512-4000PT.

Like I previously stated before, I have everything on AUTO. Nothing is manually set to ANY clock or speed setting for the CPU nor the RAM. It's set on the "Jumperless" setting for the CPU, and everything AUTO for the RAM side.

No performance settings, nothing the RAM is just bad. I've verified this on 3 seperate runs of Memtest and Pc-Check. Both in pairs and individually. Do I need to take it to work and use the hardware tester for the RMA? :(:

• Corsair Employees

Please try these settings after you load setup defaults.

AI Over Clock Tuner: Manual

CPU Freq: 200 MHz

System Performance: Auto

Memory Frequency: 100%/DDR400

Dim Voltage to 2.75 Volts (but if you over clock 2.85 Volts)

Resulting Frequency: 200MHz/400DDR

Legacy USB: Disabled

SDRAM CAS Latency: 3T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 8T

Then test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org.

I've done what you have asked, to no avail.

1 module fails consistently in all slots whilst the other does not. I tried it at 2.75 and at 2.85 volts but the results were the same. :(:

Very frustrating.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived