Jump to content
Corsair Community

iCUE v5.12.97 Release Notes


Technobeard

Recommended Posts

  • Administrators
Software Enhancements
  • Resolved an issue that caused iCUE to unexpectedly quit when importing a profile on a system with a NVIDIA Founder’s Card GPU installed
  • Battery Status sensor widgets on the Dashboard will now properly show a graph in the background
  • Certain widgets will no longer be missing their context menus when added to the Dashboard
  • Lighting Effects will no longer be duplicated when dragging and dropping layers in the list
  • Resolved various issues with naming in Murals
  • HARPOON PRO will now properly show up as a device in Murals

View full version

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Working well here - two machines albeit the ASUS plugin (for both my Motherboard & GPU) required a cold boot (a warm boot won't suffice) to show up under ICUE devices. This has been this way through multiple versions of ICUE.

Kudos to the Stream Deck developers for the sneaky update of the ICUE plugin (now v1.5.220) that fixed a typo for the Power Efficiency of digital Corsair PSU's. It now correctly shows "%" instead of "W" for the sensor unit. There wasn't an update through the Stream Deck app when I checked yesterday yet looking at the history for the plugin in Marketplace, it states 10 Nov 2023 and I have "automatic updates" turned on. Weird?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had icue working well for months on my MSI X670E ACE.

No MSI software installed.

RGB on my dominator started hanging.

I don't know if it's a regression caused by the latest icue, latest drivers or bios updates.

Icue is a real problem for Corsair, I swapped my entire system because icue was crashing it and now again problems with icue.

 

Edited by sblantipodi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

XC7 Elite LCD CPU block still does not have a hardware lighting option, and is not supported by the SDK yet either. Can we get a firmware update for this to allow it? Also, why are layers for hardware lighting not available on the LINK system?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My only issue is that my motherboard does not show on the home page. It does show on the dashboard

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, XevianLight said:

Also, why are layers for hardware lighting not available on the LINK system?

Multiple lighting layers are generally not permitted on most RGB devices because of the space necessary to store them and the processing to run them from the device itself.  Nearly all Corsair devices are limited to a single effect.  The exception to this are some of the newer KBs like the K100 or K70 MAX with large memory storage and a stronger MCU.  They also cost a lot more than a small CUE Link Hub.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Updated and no problem with my system

Link hub with 6 QX140

H170i Elite Capellix with LCD

K70 RGB MK2

Corsair DDR5

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One problem I always have when iCue downloads and installs updates (this is without restarting the compuetr) - iCue does its thing, installs, restarts, but my Elite 150 cooler screen never comes back, and it also forces my ASUS Polymo to go dark. Occasionally, the graphics card LEDs will go dark too. All is well with a computer restart. but this seems "buggy" to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, DB1 said:

One problem I always have when iCue downloads and installs updates (this is without restarting the compuetr) - iCue does its thing, installs, restarts, but my Elite 150 cooler screen never comes back, and it also forces my ASUS Polymo to go dark. Occasionally, the graphics card LEDs will go dark too. All is well with a computer restart. but this seems "buggy" to me.

How is it if you do a cold boot? I've found the ASUS plugin requires a cold boot to show my motherboard and GPU on ICUE's front page.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/27/2024 at 1:12 AM, Technobeard said:

Software Enhancements

 

  • Resolved an issue that caused iCUE to unexpectedly quit when importing a profile on a system with a NVIDIA Founder’s Card GPU installed
  • Battery Status sensor widgets on the Dashboard will now properly show a graph in the background
  • Certain widgets will no longer be missing their context menus when added to the Dashboard
  • Lighting Effects will no longer be duplicated when dragging and dropping layers in the list
  • Resolved various issues with naming in Murals
  • HARPOON PRO will now properly show up as a device in Murals

 

 

View full version

 

@Technobeard this update has introduced a brightness issue for many iCUE Link owners. Please see this thread for more details, thanks.

Edited by tomwarren
Link to comment
Share on other sites

With this driver, I get an intermittent flicker in my LL120 fans. All 4 fans flicker simultaneously and are on one channel of my lighting node pro. It looks like they try to rainbow for a split second, but my hardware profile is set to colour shift (alternating two diff blues). How do I roll back to the previous version?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/28/2024 at 9:00 AM, Sebastian_k_p_w said:

This Update bricked my entire PC and it won't boot anymore. Good stuff your released here. 

The update messed up my Windows too, but not to the point of bricking. It did however make Windows 11 extremely slow on bootup, and while Windows loaded and I managed to get to the desktop the bootup sequence stopped about a third into it, with most of my other apps, programs and services never loading.

Uninstalling iCUE which was the only program that had updated overnight (no Windows updates or any other apps, programs or services had updated) failed (because of an "Unknown error"). My last shot was to do a system restore to a previous date (Feb 26th) and after that Windows 11 managed to boot and operate normally. 

After this I reinstalled/repaired iCUE v5.12.97 and instantly the same problems (interrupted/hung boot) happened again and Windows 11 was once again all but unusable. This time however uninstalling iCUE worked and now Windows 11 is back up and running as intended. I will not be reinstalling iCUE until there is a new version, because v5.12.97 without a doubt has a conflict with some other app, program or service running on my PC, or it does not like my hardware config. Whatever reason - iCUE v5.12.97 makes my PC unusable, so it will not be allowed back. 

Edited by Displaced Northerner
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Working fine here - and, not sure whether its the iCUE team or the Elgato team that's deserving of thanks, but the AXi PSU efficiency Stream Deck bug has been fixed - it's now correctly displaying a percentage suffix rather than "W" as it has for the last few months.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Citizen Crazed said:

Working fine here - and, not sure whether its the iCUE team or the Elgato team that's deserving of thanks, but the AXi PSU efficiency Stream Deck bug has been fixed - it's now correctly displaying a percentage suffix rather than "W" as it has for the last few months.

There was a sneaky update to the ICUE plugin to v1.5.220 yet the history on Elgato's Marketplace shows this version was release last November (t wasn't).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/3/2024 at 4:14 PM, BlaiseP said:

There was a sneaky update to the ICUE plugin to v1.5.220 yet the history on Elgato's Marketplace shows this version was release last November (t wasn't).

Don't think that's quite what's happened. I don't think the Stream Deck plugin *has* been updated, and 1.5.220 *was* released last November as the site says.

That's the plugin revision number my system was running when this fault occurred back in November (and noted in our earlier discuss:

For my money it looks as though the error (and fix) was rooted in iCUE rather than the plugin - it began working correctly again as soon as iCUE restarted after updating to 5.12. The detail of how doesn't really matter anyway as the important thing is that the problem's fixed :).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/28/2024 at 4:21 PM, c-attack said:

Multiple lighting layers are generally not permitted on most RGB devices because of the space necessary to store them and the processing to run them from the device itself.  Nearly all Corsair devices are limited to a single effect.  The exception to this are some of the newer KBs like the K100 or K70 MAX with large memory storage and a stronger MCU.  They also cost a lot more than a small CUE Link Hub.  

Commander Cores have been able to do this forever

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, XevianLight said:

Commander Cores have been able to do this forever

And your Commander Core isn't responsible for 14-24 devices in it's circuit.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Updated no problem here.

One thing still remains an issue for me: My AMD XFX 7900 XTX is still reporting the VGA Engine as 0% no matter what.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/29/2024 at 3:25 PM, BlaiseP said:

How is it if you do a cold boot? I've found the ASUS plugin requires a cold boot to show my motherboard and GPU on ICUE's front page.

That typically takes care of the issue. Plenty of other issues though. I can't quite figure it out, but occasionally I'll need to reset the Polymo lighting in Armory Crate and reselect the effects for normal operation and shutdown. I do like it on. 

My latest issue is with the RAM - more recently my Dominator Platinum, that used to illuminate to default on start up, just decided to not do that anymore. Just blacked out. MOST of the time it would come to life once booted, but not always, or the colors would be default, not according to the profile being used. Yesterday, removed the Platinum and installed Titanium. Worked on the first shot, then subsequent boots, probably 6 times, the colors would just be default and iCue failed to detect. It's to a point where I feel lucky if every component of the system actually obeys the profile I have set up. I have streaks of everything working, then times when things get buggy with nothing really having been changed. Repairing iCue does nothing for any of this currently. Have thought about installing everything, and starting over with the iCue, plugin and then Armory Crate. It's like the machine has a challenging time determining in which order things should go. Frustrating, but I know, PCs full of 3rd party fun can be problematic. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/10/2024 at 10:25 PM, DB1 said:

That typically takes care of the issue. Plenty of other issues though. I can't quite figure it out, but occasionally I'll need to reset the Polymo lighting in Armory Crate and reselect the effects for normal operation and shutdown. I do like it on. 

My latest issue is with the RAM - more recently my Dominator Platinum, that used to illuminate to default on start up, just decided to not do that anymore. Just blacked out. MOST of the time it would come to life once booted, but not always, or the colors would be default, not according to the profile being used. Yesterday, removed the Platinum and installed Titanium. Worked on the first shot, then subsequent boots, probably 6 times, the colors would just be default and iCue failed to detect. It's to a point where I feel lucky if every component of the system actually obeys the profile I have set up. I have streaks of everything working, then times when things get buggy with nothing really having been changed. Repairing iCue does nothing for any of this currently. Have thought about installing everything, and starting over with the iCue, plugin and then Armory Crate. It's like the machine has a challenging time determining in which order things should go. Frustrating, but I know, PCs full of 3rd party fun can be problematic. 

I had a similar problem with DDR4 corsair vengeance rgb pro when I started the PC, I saw only 2 out of 4 memories and could not change the backlight; a repeated reboot helped and the hardware backlight appeared although all the memory was visible - all 32GB this problem appeared version iCUE 5.11.95 Memory backlight can be glitchy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello! Updated to this version. What i realize (and i am not sure, if the last version is responsible for it), my icue nexus stop updating, after some time. At first i thought it is the case, when the screenblanker comes up and the nexus won't realize, they're unblank again. But that seems not to be the case. It just stop updating after some time. No clue, why and when.
If i hit the screen it is running through all the updates really fast, until it reaches the momentary status. 

Is this a problem of this version?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...