Corsair Community

Asus K8N4-E Deluxe

L3mon

i just wanted to make sure the ram i was looking at was going to work in my new Rig Corsair CMX1024-3200PRO 1GB DDR400 XMS3200 ProSeries Memory.

and i was also wondering if i got 1 more down the road if it had to be in Dual Channal or not? my goal is to have 2 gigs for BF2 and Halflife 2

Specs

Mobo asus k8n4-e deluxe

amd 64 3400+

ati x800xl

if you need more info just ask

Thanks Alot

Brad

ok. even if i buy the same ones, but just a couple weeks later?

now i think my Mobo doesnt have Dual Channel, but could i get dual Channel ram

like if is says 2x 1024 Dual Channel ddr400 sdram or something like could i still buy the dual channel ram but not use it in dual channel

• Corsair Employees
Yes, and dual channel is a function of the memory controller/chipset. You only need to use 2 matching modules in the correct slots to enable it. But with this platform you will need to use matching modules because of the memory controller.

so i just have to buy http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=80097-48

now would it be a good idea to buy 2 gigs or stick with one, because i wont see a differents between the two.

right now i cant run BF2 at the highest setting and thats my goal for my Rig, my video card can handle it but i just dont have good ram and not enough of it to do it right now

oh and one more thing, what does C2 mean??

There is no such thing as Dual Channel memory, as this is a property of the memory controller in how it handles memory. This is why you can place memory in different slot configurations on a dual channel capable CPU / motherboard rig and it will register as single or dual channel.

what would be the worst thing that could happen if i got 1 Gig now and another gig like 3 weeks later from the same store????

because right now i dont have the money to buy 2 gigs, i need the ram NOW

what would be the worst thing that could happen if i got 1 Gig now and another gig like 3 weeks later from the same store????

If you buy RAM that is not prematched by Corsair as RAM GUY suggested, your system could be unstable or it may not even boot. Not every stick of Corsair RAM is made the same on the inside. They are made with different ICs depending on revision and type and there is no way to guarantee that your vendor is going to be able to match your sticks. That is why Corsair does it for you with the TwinX kits and that is also how Corsair can offer their outstanding service and warranty. They have pretested the RAM for you.

Mike.

uummmmm.. only see 1 board...

3200 plain: (1 stick or a TwinX pair timings):

CAS Latency (tCL): 3

RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3

Row Precharge (tRP): 3

Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 8

Memory Voltage: 2.75 Volts

All other settings to defaults.

well i got it today and it seems to run fine no freezing as of yet

it the XMS pro 2 GB kit Corsair TWINX2048-3200PRO 2048MB DDR400 XMS3200 ProSeries Memory

on the stick of RAM it says 3-3-3-8 4.1v and like i said it runs fine, so should i change it or leave it alone

ok, now im at my frineds house it and frrezzes once every 10 min whats WRONG???

could it be my HD stoping for a second????

IDK any info would be very helpful

its not at those settings, it was at

1 Memclock index value 200mhz

2 Cas# latency (tcl) 3

3 min Ras# active time (tras) 9t

4 Ras# to Cas# delay (trcd) 4t

5 Row Precharge time (trp) 4t

6 1T/2T memory timing 2t

So idk if i should change these or not???

if its the ram that would be awesome, then i wouldnt have to buy another HD

Thanks

Brad

i think i found out what was wrong, i was bringing my pc in the car that was about 110+ Deg for about 5 min, then later that day it worked fine, but do you i should try the 3-3-3-8???

it does freeze every once in awhile, like 3 times a day. could that be because the timings off???

Archived