Corsair Community

help absolutly no difference in bf2..after having 2gb! help

alag28

I purchased 2gb I now have 2 sets of Twinx1024-3200c2 a total of 2gbs. I plugged the new ram in..checked cpu z to see it recognized it well and yes it did..2048mb and its running in dual channel. Perfect now I know my ram is recognized.

I start up bf2 thinking OMG FINALLY all stuttering gone in all high detail..WRONG!! for some reason the ram didn’t make no difference I crank the details to high and it STUTTERS like hell like if im lacking resources. Im terribly depressed over this..thinking investing 120 more dollars to make bf2 a awesome experience was a waste of money, and so far I don’t see any changes in gaming performance using 2gb.

My system specs are as followed.

Central Processing Unit Amd Athlon 64 3500+ Socket 939

Motherboard Asus A8V Deluxe Rev. 1.02

Power Supply Antec TrueControl 550W

Video Card Evga Geforce 6800 drivers 77.50 atm because some1 else said to play around with drivers till u get a driver that start making bf2 running as hoped

Memory 2 sets of Twinx1024-3200c2 a total of 2gbs

CD-Drive Lite-On Combo Drive DVD-ROM/CD-RW

Storage Western Digital 80GB 8mb cache

Operating System Windows Xp Professional sp 2

please help me sort this out

• Corsair Employees

Please put the memory modules on either slots 1&3 or 2&4 and make sure that you have the latest BIOS installed for your MB; load optimized/set up default, and set the following BIOS settings;

TwinX512 or TwinX1024-3200C2

Advanced CPU/Memory Configuration:

Memclock Mode: Limit

Memclock Value: 2:1 (DDR400)

Bank Interleaving: 4/Enabled

Burst Length: 8

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.5T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

2T Command Rate: Enabled

ECC Configuration:

Master ECC Enabled: Disabled

Hypertransport: 5X

Jumper Free/Frequency Voltage Control:

AI Overclock Tuner: Manual

CPU FSB Clock: 200

CPU Multiplier: Auto

CPU Voltage: Auto

DDR Voltage: 2.8 Volts

AGP Voltage: Default *unless you have ATI (9200 or 9600) or NVIDIA (5200 or 5700) then 1.6 Volts suggested!*

All other settings should be set to default settings!Then please test them one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and let's make sure it's not some other issue! I would run the test for at least 2-3 passes to be sure!

What Core Athlon 64 do you have? If not Venice, then you'll need to turn down the mem speed to 333 Mhz when running 4 sticks, 2T probably as well.

Are they all the same revision?

i have newcastle and 1 set of ram is r5.1 and the other set is r4.2..but in cpu z under memory it says the channels are dual...so i guess im ok.

update* i lowered it to 333mhz it didnt help at all..i think it lowered performance and more stuttering imo...so..what do i do?1?!?1?1? *cries in despair*

Although this won't solve your problem, I can tell you that its not your computer. BF2 has a memory leak and the game is poorly coded so performance substantially varies from machine to machine. Wait for a patch that addresses the issues and I am sure your problem will disappear

Although this won't solve your problem, I can tell you that its not your computer. BF2 has a memory leak and the game is poorly coded so performance substantially varies from machine to machine. Wait for a patch that addresses the issues and I am sure your problem will disappear

Wouldn't surprise me, but where'd you hear that?

"You can't really expect a Game Producer to ship a game now-a-days that works on more than a handful of computers right out of the box."

*cough* Blizzard Entertainment *cough*

I think they still do a pretty good job with only one major hiccup that I can think of!

PLUR

CK

"You can't really expect a Game Producer to ship a game now-a-days that works on more than a handful of computers right out of the box."

*cough* Blizzard Entertainment *cough*

I think they still do a pretty good job with only one major hiccup that I can think of!

PLUR

CK

WoW :) IIRC, they had a similar problem in an older game, can't remember which one though.

Archived