Corsair Community

Bad Memory Stick CMX512-3200C2PT

I have two each of the above matched memory sticks. One is definately bad. By process of elimination during build of computer, I removed one stick and was able to complete build.

Subsequent to successful build, I re-inserted the bad stick (I had an issue with Windows loading to fast, slowed down PIO in BIOS) wondering if my loading issue was the sole cause of trouble during build. When the computer was turned on, I had an error stating "no video input" in a small blue box, with white border and a black background. The system rebooted itself once, and eventually Windows asked if I wanted to do a Safe boot or a normal one. Neither works.

Removal of the bad stick allows Windows to load successfully.

NOTE: I am having issues with occasional "no video input" messages, so i am wondering if the other stick may also have issues, although this is rare.

Can I get a RMA for return??

• Corsair Employees

Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and then test the module/modules again with www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

• 1 month later...
Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and then test the module/modules again with www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

I have one stick that does work. I ran memtest on one stick. I'm not sure how to interpret the results. There were errors in some tests. 50% of the 10 runs has zero erros, the others had varying amounts.

One stick will not work AT ALL.

Should I expect some errors when performing memtest?

I'd like to return the bad stick in accordance with "I think I have a bad part".

Thanks

Archived