Corsair Community

I need a RMA for my XMS3500C2 that don't work right

My computer started not booting up evertime and I would get a beep from the computer,I thought my cpu might be going bad ,but I ran memtest86 someone told me to run and see if my memory was bad I tested each stick by itself and both of my 256mb of XMS3500C2 reported no errors but when I went to test my 512mb of XMS3500C2 my commputer beep and would'nt boot and I fineally got it to boot up and memtest reported over 200 errors,so I need a RMA please.

the computer spec's were

XP2800+

A7N8X-Deluxe

1 Gig PC 3500C2XMS

ATI 9800pro

onboard sound

Antec 430 watt truepower

It is my kids computer so I had it set up at the default settings,I thought it was running 166FSB the same as the cpu but when I check it, it was running async the computer is 166 and the ram is running 200FSB ,the timeings are 2.5-3-3-8 and the voltage is set at 2.5volts.It had been running fine for least a year I know of ,but about a week or two ago it started not booting up every time and just beep and I would hit the reset button and it would work but it got where it would'nt boot up.

Have I done enough to fill out a RMA form yet,Since this had been working for such a long time with no problems I do not want to take a chance and raise the voltage and burn up my other two sticks of memory.To make it run at what your are wanting I will have to manually change it and I had it at the default settings and it had been running fine at the default settings untill a few weeks ago ,so raiseing the voltage that high I could be takeing a chance and mess up the other sticks of memory,and just trying the 512mb stick I can't get it to boot up but mabe once out of ten tries.

• Corsair Employee

Please try and manually set these timings and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org to be sure.

CPU Freq: 166 MHz

Memory Frequency: 100%

Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts

Resulting Frequency: 166MHz

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 2T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

Archived